The kit was still sealed after all these years, certainly was a good feeling opening it. Inspection of the plastics does resembles Hasegawa's mould which I think would pretty easy and straight forward to build. Unless you guys out there have thoughts of what to look out for. Here are some shots of it:

p1020895p.jpg

Main fuselage and the wing components.

p1020896t.jpg

close up of the wings.

p1020898j.jpg

The portion of markings from a relatively huge decal sheet.

just had a quick look on the net and it seam it a hasegawa rebox

I think my LHS know because hes selling them almost the same price as the Hase kits!! while other revell F-4 are 50% cheaper!

Edited by Neo

Thanks for the input guys, after comparing it another Hasegawa kit..it's the same. A little update, ejection seats are together now with some additional tamiya tapes to replicate the seat belts and cooper wire at the forward bottom of the seat for a handle. So far primed it a while ago and should be ready for painting tomorrow. Instrument panels and the overall cockpit has been painted Gunze H335. No pics for now but will post some once the seats are painted. :thumbsup:

I have yet to see physically inside the content of the Revell Sea King but I guess it would be pretty much the same though. ;)

OK, here's a little of what have done until today.

p1020916s.jpg

A colorful rendition of the instrument panel, no accuracy though.

p1020917e.jpg

Panels of the 'office'

p1020918q.jpg

The other view

That 'pit is looking real good! I like the way you did the blue displays and the black panels on the gray cockpit look real sharp. You do that with just careful painting or some other method (drybrushing?).

The blue display was done by painting gloss white and later clear blue, touched up to appropriate liking. :lol: On the panels, I'd sprayed using Gunze H335, instrument panels were with a 00 brush hand painted with flat black. To raised them, did a two process..dry brush with silver and wiped off a little and then flat white dry brushing. It looks nice to my liking though. :coolio:

Thanks for the kind words. Pit is done and into the fuselage as for now. Got it primed and panel lines pre shaded as well. Here's a couple of shots before preshading.

p1020920h.jpg

p1020919.jpg

and I found out that my colors for the aircraft had ran out. :bandhead2:

So it's gonna be a little bit more time before I managed to get to the hobby shop for those colors.

Nice work. So what is this in the background that you are working on? Is it a Catalina?

catalina.jpg

That's a 1/72 CL 415 been stucked there almost a year now building for a friend, most parts are on with the exception of the clear parts. I should be moving on once I do get it in placed.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, will certainly push for it while the adrenalin is there. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Finally it's completed after a couple time surgery on both the main landing gears which broke. Had to drill both the strut and the base, insert it with copper wire with CA glue to keep intact. The final stages was like almost giving up because of that. Overall, quite happy with the build.

Here's some shots and more pics in the completed section.

p1030452xx.jpg

p1030455aq.jpg

Edited by Brutus

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Was in 2 minds either getting it 'clean' or lil dirty but from the references I had seems not dirty, so I had choose this final outcome. The landing gear problem I had was one of the reason for a long lapse on the updates, as mentioned..it was almost on it's way to the bone yard. :whistle: