First Pix from SCOTTCON 2011

First, thanks to all visitors, contestants, and vendors who participated in this event last Saturday in Warner Robins, GA, USA. Number of entries were down slightly from last year but the quality was way up. Oh yeah, it was hot as blue blazes, too: heat index well over 100 degrees F. But, we were cool indoors in this venue....

SAM_3326small.jpg

This first batch of pix focuses on the 1/72 aircraft entries. Others will be added later. Go here to view... http://ipms-rl-scott.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=11702792&referer=AffiliateNetwork

Enjoy,

Jay

Great pics, I really enjoyed seeing all the models and buying a few kits from the vendors. I will enter a model next year. How could I not be inspired with a THUD, Blackbird, and a thunderbird surrounding the contest.

Ummm jay. What does it mean that I put it in electrons?

Just my poor attempt at humor. Modern day equivalent to "putting it on paper" so there's something to link it back to you.

Like I said, a poor attempt. :rolleyes:

Jay

Beat you to it yesterday. I put it in a reply to your original thread, but no one noticed.

See here...ScottCon pics post

:taunt:

Thanks dude!

Was unaware the original thread had gone to two pages so I missed it. Great seeing you again on Saturday. Hope you enjoyed yourself. We really appreciate you boys from JAX helping us out.

Ya'll take care,

Jay

Jay

Thank you for the photo...LOOKS LIKE A GOOD VENUE to attend... :jaw-dropping:

Hi Holmes,

Thanks for the thread bumping to keep this contest visible. I really wish you could've been there. I think you would've enjoyed it.

Just making sure I hadn't missed something. You know how things are these days. I work with teenagers. Half the time I have no idea what they are saying. Electrons could be the latest greatest code word for somthing

Beat you to it yesterday. I put it in a reply to your original thread, but no one noticed.

See here...ScottCon pics post

:taunt:

Duty Cat,,

I think the slide shows on this link is just WONDERFUL and the standards of the Models on show is SO HIGH and

AMAZING... :banana::nanner:

There are some real good WINNERS and Dioramas.... :worship::worship:

I liked the Diorama of the Soldier standing under the lampost and that is Very IMPRESSIVE as ALL those that I

SAW on the slide show are STUPENDOUS..

Jay , you are SO right ... I would have ENJOYED that very much indeed.. :wave: Thanks for the links Duty Cat...

HOLMES...

Edited by HOLMES

Duty Cat,,

I think the slide shows on this link is just WONDERFUL and the standards of the Models on show is SO HIGH and

AMAZING... :banana::nanner:

Thanks for the links Duty Cat...

HOLMES...

Thanks. I am still playing around with the settings my Nikon D3000. These are the best results I have obtained so far.