Yup! We've extended this GB until 31 December! Thanks goes out to the ARC Mods for their understanding and help with this one!

Now, to breath life back into this GB!

Cheers,

Mark.

Well that good news

I get to watch more great fortress building :banana:

BTW did you get my last email ??

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

31st Decemeber? That's another 6 months or so. :banana:

Which means I could get another Fort ordered and built :whistle:

Stoppit.

I've got 2 I could build.

Grrrr

I might have to.

Lol

Seriously looking through all the builds how is it that no one is doing a NMF 17?

Everyone's either RAF or OD/NG

Kostuchas is only half!

Seriously looking through all the builds how is it that no one is doing a NMF 17?

Everyone's either RAF or OD/NG

Kostuchas is only half!

Hahaha... very funny... Perhaps there's just something about the OD/NG looks meaner than the NMF... maybe?

Anywho! I'm glad that this worked out, now back to building, right?

This is good news, the engines alone are kicking my @ss right now. I'm working on the engines for the 2 forts for this build plus the 2 that I never finished 3 years ago. I might get crazy and add another fort to this build, I've been planning on building "Fuddy Duddy" for along time now. Maybe it's time I get around to it. I've got everything I need to build her except for the serial number decal, I need to have that made or make it my self but it's gotta be in the correct font and I've never seen after market decals in the right font I need. I dont know how else to explain it but it's the stencil font, like on a bit O lace. AND, the NMF scares the hell out of me! Which is probably why nobody's doing that. I'd have to get her caught up though, maybe even get crazier and build "Sentimental Journey" as well, who knows, we shall see.........

Alls I know, is that given everything except for the fuselage will be NMF (just that "tube"), I'll give you all the heads up now... start investing in stocks of any company that makes bare metal foil... I'm going to be using LOTS of the stuff!

Cheers,

Mark.

Alls I know, is that given everything except for the fuselage will be NMF (just that "tube"), I'll give you all the heads up now... start investing in stocks of any company that makes bare metal foil... I'm going to be using LOTS of the stuff!

Cheers,

Mark.

I'll be painting mine.

Never used the foil method before it scares me.

I'll be painting mine.

Never used the foil method before it scares me.

OMG you dont know what your missing

Foiling is so fun easy and addictive

Haha...i jump out of this GB as times almost up......then ya go get an extension.

If i can actually get some time at the bench i may revisit this one and finally get Ol' Gappy built.

Yup! We've extended this GB until 31 December! Thanks goes out to the ARC Mods for their understanding and help with this one!

Now, to breath life back into this GB!

Cheers,

Mark.

Oh awesome! I might actually be able to finish it now. Got a few ideas on how to recreaqte the fabric covered control surfaces.

So I've been thinking if I ever get these projects I've got going now done I may do another little mini GB for this GB. I have a 1/72 17F, a 1/72 He111, and a 1/72nd B-24J in the mail. Might build them all at the same time. The 24J is for the local museum they asked for a J model.

Color me crazy.

Ooh! I just received another 48th B-17 kit in the mail, and was bummed that I'd missed the chance to get in on this, since my build speed is usually pretty slow, but I might just have to start a thread, seeing that we're extended... I've got plans to do the kit I just got as "2nd Patches," and I've got another that I was planning on doing as an SB-17G that crashed back in '51 in the mountains near my house- I've even visited the site a couple times! It was stalled because I botched the relocation of the staggered waist window, and because of insufficient references, but I may just have to try to breathe some new life into her, and get two builds going!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...