Hello all,

I'm doing a 1/48 Academy SU-27B and the painting instructions for the missiles is rather vague. Does any one know any good sites that can show exactly how their missiles are coloured? The painting instructions seem to show majority white with black trim on the wingtips? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew

Yes, Andrey is right.

Begemot stencil instruction sheet is very informative and accurate for the missile painting usage.

For example, the live R-27 missile fins are in dark steel, but not in white or black.

:cheers:

Yufei

WOW, Isn't the R-27 missile body white? :hmmm:

Not only that, but all other missiles which are considered white are shown to be of the same "flat neutral grey". I'd say this is a mistake in the instructions as the missiles are white on all the references I saw. I presume the correct colour should be "E" - semi-gloss white, if I read the cyrillics correctly (incorrectly translated there as "Flat White" where "B" is "Matt White" in both the Russian and English).

Amazing work on the decals, though. Hopefully, there'll be a new kit sooner or later which will not require an aftermarket weapons set.

Bump.

For three year its first time, when someone find this mistake, of course R-27 body is Flat White and wright letter for painting marking of course is E

Bump.

For three year its first time, when someone find this mistake, of course R-27 body is Flat White and wright letter for painting marking of course is E

Kotey,

For all the colors you have FSN call outs that begin with "2" (e.g., 2xxxx) you should replace the word "flat" with "semi-gloss" ("1" would be "gloss" and "3" "flat"). Also, for callout "K" you say "Dark Steel", but the FSN number is "26375", which would be a semi-gloss Light Ghost Grey. What did you mean there?

What a piece of work!

Bump.

Andrey, I think the body of R-27, R-73 and R-60 should be GLOSS white but not FLAT?

Cheers,

Yufei