1/48 TOMCAT IN SITUATION...

I've done this several time and love the look and how it saves space and allows you to display models in places where a 3D model would be out of place.I'm betting you'll get some flak from some snobbish builders though!BEAUTIFUL DISPLAYS.

Phil,

Interesting concept! I like how you are able to get two displays for the "price" of one. It is an unusual way to display models, but on the other hand, it is visually interesting & stimulating! Kudos are in order!

Rick

I've done this several time and love the look and how it saves space and allows you to display models in places where a 3D model would be out of place.I'm betting you'll get some flak from some snobbish builders though!BEAUTIFUL DISPLAYS.

Thanks thats my pleasure and i want just sharing with all who love the special markings.

regards

Those are really nice. Several years ago I was able to get Bud Anderson to sign a picture of his P-51, Old Crow. I had thought of doing something similar to this to make a display but I wasn't sure how it would look with just half a plane. After seeing how nice your displays turned out I think I might give it a try.

Thanks for posting.

Els

Very Nice Idea!

Do you simply just build 1/2 the kit? do you have to find a kit that is assembled with a left and right fusealage. How would you

work with a kit that has a lower and upper fuse?

hi thanks i work with all the types its not a problem i cut it like the hasegawa tomcat.

regards

The great thing is, you could have a hallway full of the aircraft a squadron flew as you walk to wards the ready room. I could imagine a entire hallway at a military base with those on the wall. An excellent idea!

HI THANKS ITS VERY NICE OF YOUR ANSWER I DREAM TO LIVE IN USA AND BUILT MODELS FOR THE NAVY SQUADRONS, JUST A TRIBUTE OF ALL MILITARY STAFF YES ITS A DREAM....

REGARDS

Those are really nice. Several years ago I was able to get Bud Anderson to sign a picture of his P-51, Old Crow. I had thought of doing something similar to this to make a display but I wasn't sure how it would look with just half a plane. After seeing how nice your displays turned out I think I might give it a try.

Thanks for posting.

Els

HI THANKS GO GO GO ITS JUST A PLEASURE...

REGARDS

Mount them on a mirror and watch magic happen.

It has to be a front mirror piece of plastic or glass, where the reflective part is in the front of the glass rather than behind it.

I have seen a guy here do it with airliners and the result is just amazing.

Edited by pookie