This is the Hobbyboss kit, not bad little sabres even more so given the price £4.99 each.

Brace.jpg

The kit gives you two options.

1. South African Air Force No. 2 Sqn during the Korean War.

SA1.jpg

SA2.jpg

SA3.jpg

SA4.jpg

Overall not bad the decals are to red and the tail flash should be straight not tapered. The main band seems to slope to much in my view. This aircraft had a slatted wing so i just removed the wing fence. Bombs and pylons stolen from an Airfix sabre as I have a pic of this aircraft bombed up. Aircraft is painted humbrol 191 chrome silver.

2. USAF 334th Fighter Sqn Maj James Jabara Korea July 1953

USAF1.jpg

USAF2.jpg

USAF3.jpg

USAF4.jpg

For this one I replaced the main yellow band with one from an Academy kit. Aircraft painted with Humbrol 11 silver after a failed attempt to use the new Mr Color BMF paint. The Mr Color went on great, but when overcoated with clear went from polished Aluminium to gun metal!

Overall a nice little kit. Really surprising were the decal, generally excellent and really go down well with no vices.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

Julien:

WHAT? no Canadian stuff? Very nice builds. Like 'em both!

Alvin5182

Dont worry my next sabre is going to be Canadian, just cant decide between a Sky Lancer or one of the ones they painted overall red, saw one of those in larry Milberrys book and I have the decals for it!

Cheers for the comments guys. Ken one thing is they 100% need nose weight. I put 10grammes under the cockpit tub and that works.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)