Academy 1/72 P-39N Airacobra USSR

This is a soviet P-39N, built out of box. I think it turned out well. I am always open to new ways to step up my game and improve my skills. you can also check out the build thread in my signature.

DSC_0017-2.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

Edited by Orion Field

It is the plane of the brave Russian pilot of the Hero of Soviet Union of major Sirotin, the assistant on air - shooting service of the commander 17 fighters an airshelf 190 fighters airdivisions 11 fighters aircases 3 air armies on which it(he) was at war in Baltic, East Prussia and Poland. During war with Germany he has broureceived fight down 21 enemy plane. After a victory he became the commander a shelf, shelfs has handed over "Aerocobras", received P-63 "Kingcobras" and has transferred the base to the Far East where began to be at war with Japan. There Sirotin has brought down one more plane. By the way, him "Kingcobra" it was kept till now. It costs in a museum in Duxford.

The big work. But a kit initially bad. It is not similar to the present plane, too narrow tail part.

It is the plane of the brave Russian pilot of the Hero of Soviet Union of major Sirotin, the assistant on air - shooting service of the commander 17 fighters an airshelf 190 fighters airdivisions 11 fighters aircases 3 air armies on which it(he) was at war in Baltic, East Prussia and Poland. During war with Germany he has broureceived fight down 21 enemy plane. After a victory he became the commander a shelf, shelfs has handed over "Aerocobras", received P-63 "Kingcobras" and has transferred the base to the Far East where began to be at war with Japan. There Sirotin has brought down one more plane. By the way, him "Kingcobra" it was kept till now. It costs in a museum in Duxford.

The big work. But a kit initially bad. It is not similar to the present plane, too narrow tail part.

Thats a very interesting backstory! thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting one of mig production's washes, which one is best for aircraft?

I'd go for any dark grey / black wash for the control surfaces. If you use a light grey or sand colour on the airframe it will look like the panels have collected dust or a medium grey to accent the panel egdes. Personally I think dark panel washes make the models look a little toy like.