so how you doing during the postal strike?

Well so far it's only been hit and miss rotating strikes....so I'm ignoring the strike. I've got a couple of boxes of car parts (for my daughters car) coming up from California and I've elected to have them shipped by regular mail. I'm just hoping the strike won't affect delivery time too much.

You'd think with the surge in mail order in the past 10 years due to the internet that the post office would be having boom in business.......I'm baffled why they aren't rolling in profits.....but I've recently heard the USPS is losing money each year and I can only guess Canada post isn't seeing record profits either.

We are still handing parcels to Canada Post, as long as they still collect parcels. Today, the news says Canada Post starts to lock out union workers, the situation may turn worse. Sadly we don't have better alternative here, if it really turns worse, we may consider to use Purolator or UPS which cost more.

Canada Post claim their mail business is dropping due to the boom of electronic mail service. Plus Canada has a small population with a large territory, I think they are not doing so well.

We are still handing parcels to Canada Post, as long as they still collect parcels. Today, the news says Canada Post starts to lock out union workers, the situation may turn worse. Sadly we don't have better alternative here, if it really turns worse, we may consider to use Purolator or UPS which cost more.

Canada Post claim their mail business is dropping due to the boom of electronic mail service. Plus Canada has a small population with a large territory, I think they are not doing so well.

I discovered your site a few weeks ago and love the prices but I been holding off due to what happened this morning. I think the cost of transportation is killing things delivery wise but also I think wage cost on both sides of the table are to blame also but who really knows for sure