Michael Enright - Hawthorne, Australia

I've had a horrible experience with Michael Enright out of Hawthorne, Australia on Ebay. There he goes by menright51 and I've seen some postings on other forums where he uses the same name. I sold him a 1/48 scale Hasegawa A-4E kit and while I was slow to get it shipped it was on its way well before the trouble started. He sent an email asking were his kit was over a holiday weekend and the next day filed a dispute with ebay. I did not have a chance to answer him over the weekend. I responded to the dispute and gave the customs form number. He responded by escalating the dispute to a claim and ebay gave him his money back. I made a mistake in thinking that the customs number was trackable, they are not. As it couldn't be tracked, ebay gave him his money back and denied my appeal. My guess is that he had the kit in hand and knew it wasn't trackable so he decided to take his money back. On top of that he left me negative feedback, my first in over 10 years on ebay as a seller with a feedback score of 1395. So be careful when dealing with this guy.

Yep, Can't even warn other sellers. I almost stopped selling on ebay but the reality is that 99% of people out there are honest. I only sell to the US now and shipping charges include delivery confirmation. Not real happy with the morons at ebay over this one.

Edited by chriswfo

I've had a horrible experience with Michael Enright out of Hawthorne, Australia on Ebay.

Out of interest, which Hawthorne? Does his Postcode start with "3" or "4"?

Shane

• 1 month later...

That sucks! Sorry to hear you have such a bad experience. I use eBay all the time, mostly for buying, but have sold a few things off it too. I have to agree with you that most people are OK, because I've never had any issues so far.

BTW, the suburb is spelled "Hawthorn", i.e. no "e" at the end. Used to live in that area for a few years back in early 90's. It's actually quite an upmarket area (median price for 3-bed house being well over AU$1mill). Although, there's a big university student population there, thanks to Swinburne University of Technology. I'm willing to bet that he's one of the more unscrupulous students renting in that area.

• 3 months later...

As a result of my experience, I felt compelled to warn others of the potential risk of dealing with you. Below is a scan of the Customs Declaration showing the item accepted by the post office and addressed to you at the address given with your Paypal payment. As I have not received the kit back, nor been notified by the post office that there was a problem with delivery, I am left with the clear assumption that you did, indeed, receive the kit. I have found that threatening legal action is a typical ploy by dishonest people trying to scare the other party into giving in to otherwise baseless demands. The only way that I will withdraw my post here is if the kit is miraculously returned to me, or you pay me for it. Until one of those things happens, do not contact me again.

6352312372_f592f9eb9f_b.jpg

Your comments do not follow logically from your initial claims.

I have reported this page and you to ebay.

No-one is entitled to level the kind of acusations made in your initial posting and get away with it.

I have also lodged a complaint with this website.

You are now incurring the responsibilities for your actions.

Those taking interest in this exchange need only check my ebay customer rating. I think that says it all.

Those of us that sell on Ebay know that sellers are not permitted to leave negative feedback for a buyer, if they did you would have at least one negative rating that I know of. A 100% rating for a buyer on Ebay is meaningless.

while handing out threats and promises that don't mean squat. I'd suggest you hop on a 747 and come over here and lodge a complaint. There'll be plenty of time for that while your in the slammer for mail fraud. We'll all drop by to snap pictures of you out on the interstate picking up trash in your dayglo orange jump suit! Trust me you don't want to do jail time in Texas!

gary

I have also lodged a complaint with this website.

I would like to note here that this thread is being monitored.

It would be highly advisable for this to be resolved off board without making this issue more public than it already is.

Any personal attacks will have serious consequences.

Edited by madmike

Mad Mike, I have kept to the facts and merely listed my experience with him so that others can be forewarned. That is the point of this particular forum. Was I angry about what happened? Yes, but venting my anger on here would serve no purpose.