G'day all,

I turned up to work this morning and there was a photo breakfast waiting for me. On top of the Hospital was the Queensland Goverment's Agusta 139 - loved it !

Image001-9.jpg

Image002-7.jpg

-can anyone conferm this is a FLIR and Searchlight bolted on the front ?

Image003-8.jpg

Image000-7.jpg

-Bloody nice group of guys here (then again I don't know of any crew that dosen't like showing off thier toy ?)

Image005-4.jpg

Image004-4.jpg

Nice pics, do you have any of the cabin/medical fit out?

Sorry, no. They "had" to go flying (this was a crew change over)

the internals were: A central litter tray sliding out to port (winch is at the starboard door) with two seats behind the pilots facing aft over the litter/gurny; two more seats to the aft of the cabin facing forward, with equipment between them.

Cabin internals were off white, with blue leather(looking) seats. Blue grab tapes from the roof (seen).

-hth

Edited by ixgr1

I don't know how it performs, but in my opinion the AB139 is one of the best looking helicopters on the market right now.

I think that is a Trakka searchlight on the right side of the aircraft. Thanks for the pictures!

• 7 years later...
15 hours ago, Lupusprimus said:

I agree w/Dutch.  A diecast toy is not considered a model by most model-builders.

The outfit for the Australian HEMS AW-139s include a TrakkaBeam searsh light and a FLIR.

Now that the US AIR FORCE bought 84 AW-139s for the ICBM protection/Evacuation mission we may have a model.

Edited by hemspilot
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Dutch said:

Pitty, that there is no injection molded kit of the AW-139 in either 1/48 or 1/72. Any rumors of a release in the near future?

The subject of (no) kit of an AW139 was discussed some time ago on BritModeller. The owner of Whirlybird Models posted that releasing a (resin) AW139 kit was too risky for his company, with the chance of Revell (eventually maybe) releasing one.

So I guess it's up to Revell, although ofcourse they haven't released a new helicopter model for years… The fact that the USAF ordered the AW139 does improve the chance of a release of an AW139 model ofcourse. 

You can wait forever. Helicopter kits don't even represent 1% of all kits, they have a very small target group. That's why the producers don't dare to do that. Even if they do, it takes YEARS for the announcement to become a kit on the market.

Yes I guess so. Even the smaller manufacturers (eg. Whirlybirds) that in this case could make a difference, hold their horses because the bigger guys (Revell, Italeri) may just take the complete market if they release the model after all. I have Always been quite positive about Revell: about the only manufacturer to venture into civil helicopter models. But after the second version of the 1:32 EC135 all is quiet on the Revell helicopter side; I can imagine that the sale figures of their EC135- and 145- models will not raise their enthusiasm on releasing another (civil) helicopter kit.

On 6/18/2011 at 1:51 AM, dan said:

Nice pics, do you have any of the cabin/medical fit out?

I have some from our fleet’s medical interior, I think we were the prototype for the Aussie interior. I’ll post them if you want. We fly with different medical equipment.

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2011 at 6:28 AM, ixgr1 said:

G'day all,

I turned up to work this morning and there was a photo breakfast waiting for me. On top of the Hospital was the Queensland Goverment's Agusta 139 - loved it !

Image001-9.jpg

Image002-7.jpg

-can anyone conferm this is a FLIR and Searchlight bolted on the front ?

Image003-8.jpg

Image000-7.jpg

-Bloody nice group of guys here (then again I don't know of any crew that dosen't like showing off thier toy ?)

Image005-4.jpg

Image004-4.jpg

Nice bird! Believe they were still flying 412s back when I was going down under to build aluminium helidecks for some of the hospitals(2006-2010 period)

Andy