Should there be a midway raffle?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a midway raffle?

• Yes, for completed builds, open to all prizes
    • Yes, for completed builds, open to "smaller" prizes
    • Yes, for all involved
    • Nope, save it all for the end!

Hello folks!

Given that we've been given a very generous extended end date, I wanted to pose a question to you all. Those that completed builds did so with the understanding that the GB was 6 months. And as we approach the new halfway point of this really fun GB, I was pondering about a midway raffle of the prizes. Reasons for this, well, there's a few:

1. Spice up the GB a little bit,

2. reward the completed builds (so as to not have some members who've built some superb Forts waiting for 6 extra months),

3. bring back interest and involvement into the build,

4. clear my shelves of items collecting dust... okay, this ones a bit of a joke, but still, it would be nice.

I've pondered this one throughout the weekend so far, and thought that I would leave this up (as alway) to ALL involved in the GB. Seems only fair. So, the poll asks simply:

A. Yes, have a midway raffle - for completed builds only - for all the prizes (there are more prizes than completed builds, so there will be some left over) - the way this would work is we raffle the completed builds, and given the order of selection, members get to pick their prize,

B. Yes, have a midway raffle - for completed builds only - for smaller prizes only - we would take an honest dollar amount value for the prizes, and the members who are picked recieve these prizes, in order of dollar value (top to bottom) being given out in respective order of selection

C. Yes, have a midway raffle - but for ALL members involved, which in all honesty would drain all the raffle prizes, and there's a chance they'll go to some members who may not finish the GB (it's an option, figured I'd leave it open to all possibilities, so stop yelling at me), or

D. Nope, no midway raffle, save it all for the end of the GB. Those that finished on time, well, they can sit patiently on the tarmac until the rest of us are ready to roll out onto the runway.

So, I'll leave this poll open until NEXT Sunday (26 June), 1200 Eastern Time (I should have recovered from any (but highly unlikely) festivities).

Comments and other suggestions more than welcome,

Cheers,

Mark.

As a quick note, fairly soon a few other items will be added from my "collecting dust" stash, and as well, myself and Karl - whether he knows it yet or not - will continue to work towards other items from various groups and suppliers from around the modeling world.

Cheers,

Mark.

I say yes to number 1. 6 more months can always bring more items and I don't think there was enough completed entries anyway to use them all up. Can also cap the entries to one a person since I think I'm the only one who completed multiples but that's up to you guys.

I say you guys should do #2 and especially if there are any B-17 AM or goodies it would be the best time to raffle them so people can use them on their builds

I suggested waiting until the end. The raffle is advertised as being at the end of the group build, which is appropriate. It's unlikely anyone who finished their build already will drop off the face o' the earth between now & then. Besides, it's a bit of incentive for those who are into raffle prizes to finish up their build.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty,

Today at work I'll be doing the draw for the winners for the Midway raffle.

Thanks to everyone for commenting and voting, and the masses have spoken...

Up for prizes:

-Shawn M with his wonderful RAF Fortress III "Give It To Uncle"

-Darren with "Tondalayo"

-Tim with the very sweet YB40

-Bigasshammm (fun name for sure) with his entries (and as per your suggestion, we'll keep it to 1 entry covering all your completed builds), and

-Strawberry Mivi also with another great build of "Tondalayo"

Though it's open to all prizes, I'll have my 'helper' draw them in order of completion. Figured that would make sense.

With that being said, yours truly is on the hunt for more prizes!

Cheers, and thanks again everyone.

Mark.

Aside from a tin of "Big *** Ham", no clue.

Yeah that's pretty much it. David Letterman used to give out cans of Big A Ham on the Late show like 20 years ago.

Always thought it was funny. When AOL started up it was my AOL chat name and I've used it for everything ever since.

• 2 weeks later...