RAIN!!! The Fw-190 didn't fly today, but....

She looks great! Like it just rolled off the assembly line. There is just something about the lines of the 190, has a seemingly perfect blend of sleek looks and power. Ranks right up there with the Spitfire and Mustang in my book. Can't wait to see pictures of her flying.

Hinton drivin??

Yes he was. Since the flight was cancelled, they had an impromptu seminar with the guy that rebuilt the BMW engine, the guy that finished putting the aircraft back together and Steve Hinton. Mr. Hinton suggested that this aircraft flies better than the Flugwerk replicas, of which he has also flown.

Are those markings historically accurate?

As close as they could make them to the last flight of the aircraft in 1943. They were able to match colors reasonably close and the unrestored aircraft was rather well documented photo-wise

So this is in Seattle?

I didn't know there were any of these in the States.

AFAIK, it's the only airworthy original Fw-190 in existence, but I could be wrong. And yes Seattle, or more accurately, Everett

AFAIK, it's the only airworthy original Fw-190 in existence, but I could be wrong. And yes Seattle, or more accurately, Everett

correct - the only original Fw-190 flying. There are others flying, but are replicas built by Flugwerk, I believe flying with Russian built engines

correct - the only original Fw-190 flying. There are others flying, but are replicas built by Flugwerk, I believe flying with Russian built engines

I also saw that there are two others in process of being restored to flyable status. One of them was White 1 .