Trumpeter 1/3 M4

Hello folks,

I had some fun today, and a much needed "confidence build." I picked up Trumpeters 1/3 M4 yesterday, and today, I cracked her open. Having the background I have, I must say, as far as I can tell, this is without doubt and M4. The kit is titled "AR15/M16/M4 Family - M733" and here's the link to Trumpeters website giving a good show of what is in this kit: Trumpeter - AR15/M16/M4 Family - M733.

So, as for the kit, what can I say? I might as well have cut the parts off the sprue's, thrown them back in he box, squiret some glue in there with it, and shaken the box for 2 minutes, and would have ended up with the same results!! This kit came together in the span of an hour, and although not a Canadian C-8, it was close enough for me to toss into a display case and throw it on my desk.

The only thing this kit is short of, is a sling. So, using some extra evergreen to make the buckle, and a "spare" backpack strap cut to appropriate width, I made one similar to how I had my sling on my C-8 HB the first time around.

Here are a couple pictures:

DSC06658.jpg

DSC06660.jpg

And, I couldn't help it:

DSC06664.jpg

Given the enjoyment of this kit, in it's simplicity and amazing details (I mean really, separate upper and lower receiver retaining pins!), I went to the LHS, and ordered up as much of the family of these kits as I could...

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Mark.

Looks good. It is not an M4 though. It is the Vietnam-era XM177, which was the grandfather of the current M4. The main visual difference is in the barrel. The M4 has a longer barrel with a different flash suppressor on it. It also has a more adjustable (elevation and windage) rear sight with larger adjustment knobs.

Current M4

M4.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Thank you very much.

Frank, I've been searching but can't find them. Could you help by pointing me in the right direction where I might find these?

HA, thanks for the clarification. The C-8 I'm used to is pretty much what you pictured. We just affectionately caller 'er the C-8 Heavy Barrel. Loved that thing... sad how she met her demise.

Holmes, thank you my friend! Greatly appreciated.

Mark.