Adding some detail on bulkhead No 6. Added handle bars ans knobs to the tuning units and made a start with the antenna tuning unit from the SRC 535. Also made a start with the ammobox which will be on the port side, just above the tuning units. Does anyone out here have some good pictures from both the bulkheads from the radio room?

DSCN1137.jpg

DSCN1135.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

Really having a good time with this machine. First two weeks of holiday and then move on!!

Rick.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm must have had some nose damage between the 10th and 16th mission. As the pretty lady on the nose is no longer there. Or a crew member change for the bombardier who wanted something different on the nose? Looks like there's someone's name there in the second picture.

Found a picture in the Squadron/Signal B17 in action, this one.

fuselage.jpg

The plane got another tail section after mission 14. The lady on the nose is still there. But that raises the question about the tail art, would that lady be on the old or new tail? I cannot see that on the picture because the old section blocks the vieuw on the new section, on the old section the lady is visible. Was the lady painted back on the new section? Can somebody share some light into this matter?

I also found on the 91st Bomb Group page that the Shamrock Special had also a nose art on the port side of the nose. No decal there on the Kits world sheet. Was that pinup there from the beginning and how can I obtain a decal from this girl?

shamrockspecial2.jpg

The site I found it

http://www.91stbombgroup.com/crewphotos/shamrockspecial2.html

And now that I am asking questions I need to know the size of the stars and bars for making masks. Anyone? This one is getting better and better every day!

I have moved into my new cave and will resume building asap!

Rick.

Edited by vvwse4

I say put the lady on the tail. Why not, the decal is on the sheet. Dont understand how they missed the girl on the port side of the nose though.

Are you not gonna use the decals from the kits world set? If not, use them as templates.

Are you not gonna use the decals from the kits world set? If not, use them as templates.

The stars and bars are not included in the set, so that is why I need the the right seize on this scale.

Rick.

Rick, I hope these help ya.

P1012625.jpg

P1012626.jpg

P1012637-2.jpg

P1012636-1.jpg

...............Above this line are the larger ones for the wings......

Below are the smaller ones for the fuselage.

P1012628.jpg

P1012627.jpg

P1012633.jpg

P1012634.jpg

I hope this helps.

Edited by B-17 guy

I hope this helps.

Yes they will!!

I have mailed Kits-World about the missing pinup on the port side and I got an reply back that they would add it to the sheet, maybe before the end of this year. How cool is that!

Thanks for the pics

Rick.

Do not know if they will sent me the addition, I guess they have bills to pay also but this is the answer I got from Kits-World.

"Thanks for the image, I will work on the artwork asap and include the bomb -

'kill' symbols, with the aim to get it printed before the end of the year.

Regards,

Nigel"

Rick

I finished my new cave so let the fun begin, too bad the holidays are over and that thing called work starts again. Check out my cave

shamrock001.jpg

shamrock002.jpg

shamrock003.jpg

shamrock004.jpg

vliegtuigboeken.jpg

The radio room is almost finished now and the next thing will be the cockpit area

shamrock008.jpg

shamrock009.jpg

shamrock010.jpg

shamrock011.jpg

shamrock012.jpg

Rick.

Hey i have the exact same stereo(the one next t your spray booth) as my alarm clock !!

Cave looks pretty cool but i dont see any finished model anywhere !?

Your work on that B-17 is just amazing

Cheers

Neo

Hey i have the exact same stereo(the one next t your spray booth) as my alarm clock !!

Cave looks pretty cool but i dont see any finished model anywhere !?

Your work on that B-17 is just amazing

Cheers

Neo

Thanks for the kind words! The finished models are downstairs in the living room.

shamrock009-1.jpg

shamrock013-1.jpg

shamrock012-1.jpg

shamrock014.jpg

shamrock015.jpg

Rick.

• 2 months later...

I'm still around, been doing a lot of building, in my own pathetic speed, and I am just about ready too close her up. The wings have been done except for a long session of sanding and I am working on the main landing gear. For now she is just a lot of subbuilds but I hope I can speed things up a little bit. I took a truckload of pictures, I hope you like what I have done so far.

Rick.

PA290005.jpg

PA290007.jpg

PA290008.jpg

PA290009.jpg

PA290010.jpg

PA290011.jpg

PA290018.jpg

PA290012.jpg

PA290013.jpg

PA290014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...