As far as I can see I am done with the filling and sanding. Put the first layers of paint on the engines and I am finishing the nose. The frame for the .50cal is not as good as I hoped it would be but it took me forever to get it this far. Hopefully I will make the deadline but there are a lot of small, timeconsuming jobs to do. Hope you like it.

PB250009.jpg

PB250010.jpg

PB250011.jpg

PB250016.jpg

PB250012.jpg

PB250013.jpg

PB250014.jpg

Rick

Another small step towards paint. Put on the trailing antenna and another antenna, don't have a clue which one but I can see it clear on pictures.

PC100014.jpg

PC100015.jpg

I am trying too fugure out how many antenna's I should attach to this one, I know there should be one on the nose section, but on the top or bottom side? Also the antenna wires to the tail, a single one fron the mast to the tail or the double one to the radio compartement? Does anybody knows?

Finished the upper turret from the Koster set, it doesn't look like much work but it was....

PC040011.jpg

PC040010.jpg

Got all I need now, only finishing this one.....

PC100016.jpg

and maybe cleaning up the place......

PC100017.jpg

Rick.

First layers of paint are on!!

First coat is Humbrol #11

shamrockspecialpaint012.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint011.jpg

After that I made some panels blue. Saw that on this forum on a B24 and that came out very nice. So I figured I gave that a shot. After the blue a black preshade.

shamrockspecialpaint014.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint015.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint016.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint017.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint018.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint019.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint020.jpg

Now I let it dry overnight. Later I want to put some water and salt on various places befor applying the NG and OD.

Rick.

First layers of Neutral Gray are on. I used Mr Hobby #53 as a base and added more and more white as I went along. The preshade looks a bit too heavy, but I haven't seen it in daylight yet. After removing the salt I will put another layer of gray over it just to tone the NMF down.

shamrockspecialpaint024.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint023.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint022.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint025.jpg

It took me almost two hours of spraying , this thing is huge!!

Rick.

Hi all, BAH I am right on it, really want too finish this one on time. Been airbrushing this afternoon and got the OD on. I tried too give the plane a battered look, the OD wingtips are there because I think they look cool, do not know if the real one had them. With the weathering everything will tone down a bit, at least I hope it will. Hope you like it.

shamrockspecialpaint027.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint029.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint028.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint030.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint031.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint032.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint033.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint034.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint035.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint036.jpg

The broken pitot tube has been replaced.

Rick.

Edited by vvwse4

Damn fine work there! The second coat of NG really helped the belly colors! The OD looks pretty good, I like the patchyness of it. Maybe add another light coat on the inboard wing sections and fuse nose to radio room. What shade is that after the radio room?

Damn fine work there! The second coat of NG really helped the belly colors! The OD looks pretty good, I like the patchyness of it. Maybe add another light coat on the inboard wing sections and fuse nose to radio room. What shade is that after the radio room?

It is kind of my own mix, no secret. I started with the front section of the plane with a mix OD90%, Yellow 10%, after that I added more and more yellow, the section behind the radioroom could be 50-50 or even 60% yellow and 40% OD, I just tossed yellow in the cup untill it looked right in my eyes. I am sorry that I did not wrote the mixture down so I cannot really give you a good answer I am afraid. I am glad you like my effort!

Rick.