Revell PV-1 Ventura

Hey guys. I know that Revell announced a 1/48 PV-1 Ventura not too long ago, and it is available for pre-orders online. I was wondering if anyone had any info on this kit, like when it's supposed to be out, and what kind of kit it will be? Will it really nice, like the new Ju-88, Ar-196, and probably He-111, or will it be kind of a miss, like their new Mosquito was? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I love the Ventura, and have been looking and hoping for a mainstream kit of it for a long time. I sure hope Revell does the version with the Octopus on top...

Matt

"They" are two totally different companies. The PV-1 is being done by Revell in the US, which only shares a name with Revell of Germany, where all those other kits originated. How will it be? Who knows. Nobody's even seen a test shot that I'm aware of, so probably not even Revell knows yet.

Dang, I'm really excited about it. I love the Ventura, and want to build a model of it. Terry, please hurry up then, so it will come out.

I just checked on GreatModels, and they have it listed for a July release, I'm guessing that's not super accurate?

Matt

Dunno what the Revelle PV-1 will be like but the Koster kit is one of BIll's better efforts(All of his stuff I've ever built were very nice. You can build one of 5 different variants from his kit. With any luck, I'll have the fuselage together by next weekend.

Cheers, Terry

Now if someone would do a 48th scale PV-2(hint, hint, Bill.)

Edited by nightiemission

Dunno what the Revelle PV-1 will be like but the Koster kit is one of BIll's better efforts(All of his stuff I've ever built were very nice. You can build one of 5 different variants from his kit. With any luck, I'll have the fuselage together by next weekend.

Cheers, Terry

Now if someone would do a 48th scale PV-2(hint, hint, Bill.)

If you really want one, I'm pretty sure Fonderie Miniatures makes a PV-2 Harpoon, although it's probably more work than the Koster.

Matt

...so probably not even Revell knows yet.

They'll probably just throw a B-25 kit in the box and call it "close enough". "They both have twin radial engines, what more do you want?" :rolleyes:

They'll probably just throw a B-25 kit in the box and call it "close enough". "They both have twin radial engines, what more do you want?" :rolleyes:

Geez, I hope not. Revell has been making some great kits lately in the big scale, and I'm really hoping the Ventura is in that family of kits, I would be so happy to finally have one on my shelf.

Matt

If you really want one, I'm pretty sure Fonderie Miniatures makes a PV-2 Harpoon, although it's probably more work than the Koster.

Matt

IIRC, the Fonderie Miniatures kit is a PV-1 Ventura that is pretty much a clone of Koster's PV-1 kit. As far as I know there isn't a 48th scale PV-2 Harpoon.

Cheers, Terry

IIRC, the Fonderie Miniatures kit is a PV-1 Ventura that is pretty much a clone of Koster's PV-1 kit. As far as I know there isn't a 48th scale PV-2 Harpoon.

Cheers, Terry

Oh, thank you Terry. I wasn't quite sure. Too bad that there isn't a Harpoon kit, maybe if the Ventura does well, Revell will expand it to include the Harpoon.

Matt

"They" are two totally different companies. The PV-1 is being done by Revell in the US, which only shares a name with Revell of Germany, where all those other kits originated. How will it be? Who knows. Nobody's even seen a test shot that I'm aware of, so probably not even Revell knows yet.

You haven't known anyone until today that saw the test shot. Other than having seen the test shot I do not have any further info. It must be near to release though.

• 1 month later...

It's just you. It's a PV-1.

Aaah...I get it now. I was going with the impression that the Ventura had a glass nose while the Harpoon has the solid nose...bit more research and I found out that late Venturas also had the solid nose.

Thanks jennings..

Sean

I was going with the impression that the Ventura had a glass nose while the Harpoon has the solid nose...bit more research and I found out that late Venturas also had the solid nose.

Note that the front end of the fuselage is a separate assembly (hint, hint).

Yea,

The display was right benind my table at the Nats, so I looked at it a lot. It is absolutely beautiful, and will only be $32.00! The best part is that they learned from their mistake on the Super Hornet, and have gone back to Korea to do their tooling.

Cheers,

-Doug :)

Yea,

The display was right benind my table at the Nats, so I looked at it a lot. It is absolutely beautiful, and will only be $32.00! The best part is that they learned from their mistake on the Super Hornet, and have gone back to Korea to do their tooling.

Cheers,

-Doug :)

That was music to my ears when Ed Sexton said that! BTW, it was a pleasure chatting with you again. I wish we could have had more time to hang out.

Aaah...I get it now. I was going with the impression that the Ventura had a glass nose while the Harpoon has the solid nose...bit more research and I found out that late Venturas also had the solid nose.

Thanks jennings..

Sean

Hi Sean,

Revell used the ex-RCAF Ventura at the Alberta Aviation Museum in Edmonton to create this kit. A few of us knew over a year ago that this kit was on it's way. I thought this may of been of interest to you. I sort of expect an RCAF version to be released.