Hasegawa Spitfire 1/72

Great looking Spit there AE. I'm building the same kit currently as a 485(NZ) Sqn bird, did you get yours in the double pack Hasegawa recently released? The tail wheel insert for the Mk IXc took a bit of filler to fix in right. Where's the 20mm gun barrel btw?

• 4 weeks later...

It looked very nice till the moment you added more weathering and rivets which in particular look very unrealistic and out of scale.

Horizontal stabilizer to fuselage joint would have deserved more of your attention. You have some great skills but do we really need another "Spanish School" of painting!

Mario

It looked very nice till the moment you added more weathering and rivets which in particular look very unrealistic and out of scale.

Horizontal stabilizer to fuselage joint would have deserved more of your attention. You have some great skills but do we really need another "Spanish School" of painting!

Mario

Mario, I think you're incredibly rude. This is not the Critique section and your opinion has no place here. I've noticed that you've done this several times. Next time, send a PM and select your words carefully. Not everyone who posts pictures of their work wants to be called out on every little detail, they just want to share.

This is for you, feel free to fill it out and display it with your models.

2mr7jhw.jpg

Sorry for hijacking your thread, AE. I think your Spitfire is gorgeous and I think your weathering is impressive to say the least.

This is very well done. Desert birds were heavily weathered and you've captured the look well. Good work. :thumbsup:

I see you're using a quill pen to apply your wash. What are the advantages of it over a brush? Any advice on using them?

This is very well done. Desert birds were heavily weathered and you've captured the look well. Good work. :thumbsup:

I see you're using a quill pen to apply your wash. What are the advantages of it over a brush? Any advice on using them?

Hello Folks,

First of all : thank you for commenting this build.

2/ I have absolutely no problems with critics. Anybody can feel free to say what ever he wants, of course it shoud just be said in correct terms. On the other hand, about Mario, I can understand that the spanish school that I defended many years ago in a magazine can produce some over reactions. The only thing i'd like to focus on, not to defend them, but to espress the way they work is that they are above all painters and they love to test different weathering technics. Now, I hope that this new pic will show you the reduced effect of the riveting job and that Mario reacted only on an intermediat step.

Finally, the advantage of the quill pen is to make some small rivets with diluated ink. You can also use it to enhance recessed panels but the advantage is minor.

Bye and thanks again...

Anis.

DSC05886.jpg

Reduced or no, I think the heavy panel lines on the upper surfaces are a bit too prominent for my taste (I thought it looked just fine before they were added). Not really a criticism as such, since it looks fantastic anyway, just not something I would do on my model, although since mine rarely if ever look as good as this it is something of a moot point. Beautiful and inspirational work :thumbsup:

It looks better now. I'd still "subdue" those rivets a bit more. You should REALLY fix that seam on left horizontal stabilizer!

"Spanish School" tried/is trying to apply figure (and some armor) painting techniques-where exaggeration IS necessary-to the airplanes.

"They" apparently don't know much about airplanes though.

Glad to hear you're OK with criticism. When you have a chance tell "your buddy Milo" not to play an attorney here and not to patronize me.

I know very well what and how to say, when I want to.

Cheers,

Mario