New Wolfpack 1/48 Talon

Did I somehow miss this announcement?

t38l.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10152393

10152401.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10152401

A first (plastic model) for this manufacturer? Nothing on the Wolfpack Design web site ( http://www.wolfpack-d.com/ )...or is this a new manufacturer, like Wolf Pack (not to be confused with Mark's Wolfpak)?

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

Wolfpack-d.com has been around a few years now. They were doing mostly resin aftermarket stuff. I had no idea that they were planning to do a plastic kit....let alone the T-38 which I have been waiting for to come from HobbyBoss.

It'll be interesting to see how well their first all plastic kit comes out !

- Matt

Anyone want to buy a Sword T-38 kit? :D

I'm surprised to see a new mold of the T-38 given that the Sword kit is available (albeit increasingly hard to find). Is there really that big of a market for the T-38 that this new model from Wolfpack is a more profitable choice than something else? Very interesting....

I'm surprised to see a new mold of the T-38 given that the Sword kit is available (albeit increasingly hard to find). Is there really that big of a market for the T-38 that this new model from Wolfpack is a more profitable choice than something else? Very interesting....

The Sword kit is ok but has the usual problems of a "limited run" kit, if someone can do with with good details and fit then there's definitely a market. And considering that the Sword kit was the first true T-38 kit on the market there's some room for a newcomer.

Ken

Having built two Sword Talons, they look nice if you get them done right but that is the challenge. Major fit and alignment issues make that a challenge as well as panel lines can use some improvement. I am really hoping AFV club will issue a T-38 since they now have the F-5F out there.....And a T-38C would be totally awesome as well since nobody has a 1/48 version of that however Sword has announced one for a few years now.

The site lists all Wolfpack Design's releases as "Plastic Model" even when they are resin. Perhaps this is the 1/48 Talon that TwoMikes has been hinting at?

Terry

This one is 100% new to me Terry. The new kit I know about is the Goshawk :)

A new T-38. A new T-6.

A new T-37 would be a smashing trifecta, wouldn't it?

Rick L.

T-37 only. There is no need for any other kit of any other airplane. I figure this is why nobody has done a kit of the Tweet. Once you build it, anything else is second-rate. So I guess it's understood that no one should make a kit of it. Oh, Aurora tried a kit of it some years ago. But few were allowed to be sold and word has it that it was quickly and efficiently removed from the shelves by the Scale Modeler Mafia. This is due to reports that when modelers bought one of the kits, they never returned to buy any other kits, having been awestruck to the degree of having "complete and utter modeling satisfaction".

I fear that if any manufacturer even attempts a new kit of the T-37, the rest of the scale-modeling market will suffer horribly. People will want only one, first of all, and then, their modeling needs will be completely satiated. They will be so filled with amazement just upon opening the box, they may not even need to actually build the kit.

.....I am really hoping AFV club will issue a T-38 since they now have the F-5F out there.....

The only thing in common between the T-38 and the F-5F is the name.... Northrop. If AFV Club were to do a T-38 it would have to be an entirely new tool offering.

I really hope this 'new' T-38 is a good kit. I have the Sword in my stash and wait with anticipation for this new kit.

Cheers,

John

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...