Hyannis/Cape Cod shops?

I am travelling from upstate NY along the Mass Turnpike to Hyannis in early July and was wondering if there are any shops in the area? Also are there any in Mass.relatively close to I-90 along the way?

Thanks,

Joe

I am travelling from upstate NY along the Mass Turnpike to Hyannis in early July and was wondering if there are any shops in the area? Also are there any in Mass.relatively close to I-90 along the way?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

On the Cape, check out Centerline Hobbies in Hyannis (near the mall). It's a decent store, nice selection and good folks. If you are coming from the pike down 495S to the cape, I strongly suggest a short detour to Marlboro (it's approx 5-10 minutes off the hwy) to the Spare Time Shoppe. Best model shop in MA by far. Huge selection of models, books, aftermarket stuff, etc. Well worth the ride.

Enjoy your visit and remember our motto to out of state / off-cape tourists - "Please leave your money at the bridge and turn around and go home" :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

On the Cape, check out Centerline Hobbies in Hyannis (near the mall). It's a decent store, nice selection and good folks. If you are coming from the pike down 495S to the cape, I strongly suggest a short detour to Marlboro (it's approx 5-10 minutes off the hwy) to the Spare Time Shoppe. Best model shop in MA by far. Huge selection of models, books, aftermarket stuff, etc. Well worth the ride.

Enjoy your visit and remember our motto to out of state / off-cape tourists - "Please leave your money at the bridge and turn around and go home" :)

Joe,

Although it isn't really along the route as it is off Rt. 3N almost at the NH line, there is also the Hobby Emporium in Tyngsboro, MA. It is a very close second to the Spare Time Shop in terms of selection of kits, supplies, books etc. Spare Time has a better book/reference section, they are about equal on the kit and paint and supply selection. Spare Time often has a selection of kits on clearance and you can save quite a bit on these kits.

Depending on what time you're going to be hitting the Cape, be prepared to sit in traffic. It can be brutal during the summer months, especially on the weekends and often during the afternoon commute during the week.

11bee, have you ever been to Hobby Emporium?