1/48 T-6A Texan II

Greetings all!

"IBEX Models", a new company in the market, is making out their first step in the plastic injection models.

Their first product is the T-6A Texan II in 1/48 scale.

The box includes a vac-u-form canopy, a few resin parts (ejection seat, pitot tubes, exhausts and a few more) and a decal set representing US and Israeli air force planes.

IBEX Models is an Isradecal Studios subsidiary and as we can see their intention is to make complete plastic injection models of unmanufactered products such as the Texan II.

Link to their website

and the decals

Texan_Decal_Image.jpg

Coming September 2011 :banana:

Edited by toolo12

Greetings all!

"IBEX Models", a new company in the market, is making out their first step in the plastic injection models.

Their first product is the T-6A Texan II in 1/48 scale.

The box includes a vac-u-form canopy, a few resin parts (ejection seat, pitot tubes, exhausts and a few more) and a decal set representing US and Israeli air force planes.

IBEX Models is an Isradecal Studios subsidiary and as we can see their intention is to make complete plastic injection models of unmanufactered products such as the Texan II.

Link to their website

and the decals

Texan_Decal_Image.jpg[/img]

Coming September 2011 :banana:

that is sure is a cool thing!

you should post this in the props section of the forum also, as this should surely interest some people there!

This is really good news. With IsraDecal's reputation and attention to detail, the level of quality should be excellent.

Hopefully their price will not be in line with their reputation.

Gene K

I wish they would have an injection moulded cockpit instead of the blasted vacuum formed ones! Never can get vacuum formed canopies to work, so this is a show-stopper for me :(

I wish they would have an injection moulded cockpit instead of the blasted vacuum formed ones! Never can get vacuum formed canopies to work, so this is a show-stopper for me :(

I know what you mean but there are a few parameters to check before doing vac-u-form or plastic injection canopy.

i.e. - a plastic canopy will be too thick and the ejection seats will be smaller. Remember its a small airplane.

The rear part of the canopy is bubbly, so the pattern must be with sliders. This kind of pattern make it expensive at another 5000 Euro.

I know a lot of modelers which prefer vac-u-form canopies. They are more transparent and gives a realistic view to the model.

anyway, IBEX will provide 2 vac-u-form in the kit, in any case...