Two Lane Blacktop has the best audio, if you've ever driven a truly hopped up Big Block Chevy, thats what they sound like, and the howl of the straight cut gears in the Rock Crusher Muncie is pretty distinctive.

Warren Oats didn't stand a chance with that 455.

Curt

Here's my idea of a movie...My link

Now that's my idea of a Muscle car...

Here's a friend of mine, whats with all the 67's, I gotta get my 66 on the road......

Curt

180104_1733358927386_1040913023_1934233_6297116_n.jpg

....The Road Runner is bad ***, I like the skinnies on the front.

Hot Rod Magazines Project X which starred in Hollywood Knights.

[/quote

OOh, I saw a 69 Dodge Daytona Charger in there and a Plymouth Cuda in the opening theme.You gotta love Mother Mopar! BEEP BEEP

Edited by 71roadrunner426

Gone in 60 Seconds. The original, not the remake. Saw it at the drive-in when I was a kid and it really impressed me. All the more now that I know he did it all himself and could've died in the process.

American Graffiti takes a close second. I've been slowly accumulating kits of the cars in the movie-the most recent being a '55 Chevy, one of which was the same car used in Two Lane Blacktop if you didn't know. Another one I'd mention that hasn't been yet is Smokey & The Bandit, just for fun.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely "Le Mans", Steve McQueen takes you for a drive in the country. The country is France. The drive is at 200mph.

Hmmmm, there is no other.

Ok then, Grand Prix, Bullit, Vanishing Point, The (original) Italian Job, The French Connection. I'm sure there others but that'll do for now, I'm probably dating myself a bit. :lol:

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Definitely "Le Mans", Steve McQueen takes you for a drive in the country. The country is France. The drive is at 200mph.

Hmmmm, there is no other.

Hah, almost forgot that one! Now there's truly the best car movie ever made.

No cheesy dialogue, unexistent story and annoying characters of the contemporary car movies - mostly just cars. And we're now talking about real glass-fibre-over-steel-tube racing cars and not some digitally created spoiler monsters from Japan. Incidentally, not that much story or dialogue on that one either...

The French Connection......seen recently...

BULLITT.{1ST}...

GRAND PRIX.{2ND}..seen on TCM.

Michael Caine's ITALIAN JOB...{seen recently}

RONAN...

TRANSPORTER ...{all }due to the car chases and drives !

and for fun....CARS.... :D :woo: HOO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hah, almost forgot that one! Now there's truly the best car movie ever made.

No cheesy dialogue, unexistent story and annoying characters of the contemporary car movies - mostly just cars. And we're now talking about real glass-fibre-over-steel-tube racing cars and not some digitally created spoiler monsters from Japan. Incidentally, not that much story or dialogue on that one either...

Love the fact that they filmed most of the movie during the actual 24 Hours race. There's a good article in Autoweek from a few issues ago about it.

I've been looking for a copy on Blu-Ray but will have to get it online I guess.

In no particular order ...

Vanishing Point

American Graffiti

The Gumball Rally

Smokey and the Bandit

The later Gone in Sixty Seconds just because of Chip Foose's Elanor ...

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Gregg