Meteor Productions/Cutting Edge

Hey folks, I was just wondering if these guys will ever start back up, or if someone else is planning on acquiring their business? I'm trying to find a 1/72 decal sheet "Painted Bones Part I"(specifically the set for "Boss Hawg") and their resin 1/72 B-1b exhaust cans. If anyone out there can help with these or knows anything about the company's status please let me know. Thanks!

Edited by Frankhenrylee

Clearly, I'm not versed on the history of this company. Sounds juicy, what happened?

Well, owner of said company basically dissolved the company during his divorce. Not clear if this was related to the divorce, but there have been rumors to this effect. Apparently restarting the business may be a no-no as a result of the divorce, also, rumors to this effect. None of his molds, decal artwork or anything else will be sold to anyone else for use according to him so don't expect to see anyone selling sheets or resin sets from Cutting Edge/Meteor unless it is old stock or from a personal collection. Edited by JasonW

Once joy has been stolen, it cannot be un-stolen.

And boy was the joy ever stolen.

(although I have heard that Dave is emailing folks and selling supposed 'old stock' of his decals to a select few via said emails)

Hey folks, I was just wondering if these guys will ever start back up, or if someone else is planning on acquiring their business?

We can only fervently hope not... The world has far more than enough crazies already.

We can only fervently hope not... The world has far more than enough crazies already.

As crazy as you may think Dave was, he had a company that put out a lot of really nice stuff for the scale model builder. Stuff that people have been paying lots of crazy money on eBay for since the company went away.

I can think of at least a dozen Cutting Edge/Meteor decal and resin sets I would pay good money for now.

Oh well, maybe Revell will release thier 1/72 B-1b and that will then trigger Eduard to offer there exhaust cans in 1/72. The 1/72 Cutting Edge cans were on Ebay recently for around $70, and I guess somebody bought em cause they aren't there anymore. Wow, never thought he'd get that for em, guess I was wrong. I'll probably build it so that I can replace the cans whenever I finally get me a set. Or maybe I'll build one of the other 50 kits in my stash. Why do I buy so many kits? I think I just like the pretty boxes!

As crazy as you may think Dave was, he had a company that put out a lot of really nice stuff for the scale model builder. Stuff that people have been paying lots of crazy money on eBay for since the company went away.

I can think of at least a dozen Cutting Edge/Meteor decal and resin sets I would pay good money for now.

Granted. I have no problem with the goods he put out (at least the ones he didn't steal, like a couple of pieces of decal art I was never paid for producing for him), but on any other level, I hope he drowns in his precious products.

Must have been some divorce....sheesh!

Rumor has it if he restarted the business, the ex-wife may be entitled to part of the profits.

Again, I'm just repeating what I have heard through the grapevine while working in a hobby shop part time. I have no idea whether or not any of the rumors are true nor do I make any claim to this affect.

Granted. I have no problem with the goods he put out (at least the ones he didn't steal, like a couple of pieces of decal art I was never paid for producing for him), but on any other level, I hope he drowns in his precious products.

Ah, I heard stories regarding a couple of other people that played out similarly. Sorry to hear that regarding you as well J. I had heard some interesting stories regarding his business ethics but as toad just said, perhaps let sleeping dogs lay. I really don't know the guy personally and please don't mistake my comment for speaking as to his character. From a strictly products point of view I was speaking.

And boy was the joy ever stolen.

(although I have heard that Dave is emailing folks and selling supposed 'old stock' of his decals to a select few via said emails)

I'm one of these 'selected' folks he's been emailing and although I haven't actually purchased any of his decals (didn't need them), I can tell you that some of them are really nice - and at pretty good prices too (comparing with what you'll find on eBay).

Rob

Edited by TOPGUN

I agree, i would give my left nut to get CE back! Or at least long enough to get all the 1/32 F-4B/N conversion stuff and the cockpit for it that never was! :crying2:

I agree, i would give my left nut to get CE back! Or at least long enough to get all the 1/32 F-4B/N conversion stuff and the cockpit for it that never was! :crying2:

If CE comes back, so will his "black list".....he is the Resin nazi (compared to soup Nazi from Seinfeld).

Ah good..the circle is complete. Within the past couple weeks we've had both "Swastika" and "Stash" threads, and now the obligatory quarterly "Where's Meet-ee-orr" thread. I cans sleep tonight knowing that all is right with ARC.

SN

Here you go

http://www.fineartofdecals.com/goodies/

Not sure if any of that stuff is in stock.

Beware: make sure you look at the prices in the checkout as you go through the buying process. I know there is a decal sheet in there I would like but the price jumps by like $8 dollars or so and I cant contact anyone about it so I havent bought that sheet.

Ah good..the circle is complete. Within the past couple weeks we've had both "Swastika" and "Stash" threads, and now the obligatory quarterly "Where's Meet-ee-orr" thread. I cans sleep tonight knowing that all is right with ARC.

SN

:woot.gif:

I cans sleep tonight knowing that all is right with ARC.SN

Sorry, but all is NOT right with ARC. We have not had a thread on F/A-18 flaps up vs down lately nor raised vs recessed panel lines. :bandhead2::bandhead2::soapbox:

Darwin