Meteor Productions/Cutting Edge

I'm thinking about starting my own cottage industry, producing color chips catering to the color-blind. Any interested parties?

I think that's something of a grey area :)

I bought a Cutting Edge decal sheet yesterday for a F-86 Sabre Dog because it had Denace the Menace on it and I'm a sucker for cartoons on jets. Anyways, I head to another model shop afterwards to find a Monogram Pro Modeler F-86 Sabre Dog thinking the model gods are with me today finding two oop things like that. Well, I open the box up and find the stupid kit came with Denace the Menace decals:(

There are definitely a number of Cutting Edge conversion sets that may be the only option for certain subjects for the foreseeable future. The early He-111 "Pedro" conversion set for the 1/48 Monogram kit is one I am particularly fond of. Of course with a price tag of $150+ and it becoming rarer day by day, I might never be able to tackle that subject in the "one scale to rule them all." :(

Hey folks, I was just wondering if these guys will ever start back up, or if someone else is planning on acquiring their business? I'm trying to find a 1/72 decal sheet "Painted Bones Part I"(specifically the set for "Boss Hawg") and their resin 1/72 B-1b exhaust cans. If anyone out there can help with these or knows anything about the company's status please let me know. Thanks!

I have the 1/48 versions of both, sorry!

And damn, it's just my luck, I have a CE set of F-14D interior and exteriors that won't net me a single dime since they've already been covered by other alternates. Gee...and I was hoping to fund a few lens purchases from that or at least make a sizeable dent in my Nikon AF-S 600mm f/4 fund. :deadhorse1::woot.gif:

Bring back the Tomcat and Accurate F3 Tornado in 1/72 threads have been replaced with "The F-35: Sucks or Not" thread. Didn't you guys get the update?

:)

Alvis 3.1

Technically, all jets suck...not just the F-35 :banana:

Technically, all jets suck...not just the F-35 :banana:

Incorrect, they "suck" and "BLOW". :monkeydance:

Is this Dave with a beard, on Youtube?

Linky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghovpbgmxuM

:rolleyes:

patrick_rocca_1243978c.jpg

Irish "millionaire" businessman Patrick Rocca

vs.

meteorpicbg_1.jpg

wannabe millionaire businessman Dave Klaus.

Who do I believe is the real millionaire? :rolleyes:

I was spurned from Dave's prestigious "Black List"...despite the fact that I bought stuff from him back in 2004. I feel so shunned. Maybe the above might land me on it...BIG TIME. :woot.gif:

BlackListButton.jpg

Edited by The_Animal

Just to keep this thread going (you know you want it to!), when I first started modeling about 4 years ago I went to the Cutting Edge/Meteor website to buy a few things and it was my first exposure to after-market resin accessories. I forget exactly what it was, but there was all sorts of crap on the webpage that scared me away from buying anything from the guy, since it appeared that he was just a bit more than weird. Apparently I was right.

Anyway, it took me about 6 more months after that scare before I bought my first resin stuff from the former "Black Box" guys instead. Their site had no references to anything other than modeling accessories and there was no drama. I like "boring" when they take my money.

Ironically, I'm now one of many who pay too much for Cutting Edge stuff on ebay. A lot of it is crap or so-so, but every once in awhile.....

Incorrect, they "suck" and "BLOW". :monkeydance:

patrick_rocca_1243978c.jpg

Irish "millionaire" businessman Patrick Rocca

vs.

meteorpicbg_1.jpg

wannabe millionaire businessman Dave Klaus.

Who do I believe is the real millionaire? :rolleyes:

I was spurned from Dave's prestigious "Black List"...despite the fact that I bought stuff from him back in 2004. I feel so shunned. Maybe the above might land me on it...BIG TIME. :woot.gif:

BlackListButton.jpg

OK, so now I'm wondering if the place where they bought those shirts is still in business? I'll give $200 for that one Brett's sporting!