List of 1/72 jet kits with pilot figures included

I've been slowly converting over to 1/72 from 1/48th and seeing as how I usually like to build my models as "in-flight" displays I'm looking to learn what 1/72 kits are out there with halfway decent seated pilot figures - I'm not too particular about which nationality just as long as they are relatively modern. I know that the new Airfix 1/72 Hawk kits have a couple pilot figures but what else? I'm also aware of the fact that Modern Hobbies used to make some really detailed seated pilot figures in 1/72 but since they are now officially out of business adding them to my list really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Okay well as always, thanks to each & everyone of you who can add something useful to my post.

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by Scooter Man

Does anyone still have any Modern Hobbies stuff? I've got a 1/72 scale F-14 I want to build as an in-flight jet with Fightertown's VF-154 decals. Modern Hobbies had the best looking aircrew I've ever seen, especially in 1/72 scale, I can't believe no one else makes good looking aircrew like they were!

Ok Let me see from memory

Most Fujimi Kits contains seated pilots but not all, Intruder A-6 and MiG-21 families got them with separate head and arms (A-4, F-86 have non)

All Matchbox contains seated pilots 2 kinds WWII and modern

Most of Airfix models also contains seated pilots but not sure about new releases because the lack of them also 2 different kinds ones for WWII and modern

Also included in DML Air to Air Weapons

Also Monogram included in F-4 C/D/J, F-105D/G, A-10

Some Hasegawa F-16, F-20, X-29, Harrier/ Sea Harrier, Jaguar, Mirage F-1 standing older kits included shapes

Sorry that's all I can remmember

Best day

Armando

The Hasegawa F/A-18A/B/C/D have pretty decent pilots. At least ione pilot per boxing. The C (and D) get another seated pilot that looks even better (and may have NVGs, IIRC). The D also has a standing pilot (assume the same goes for the B ).

Revell's F-16A and C have one really nice seated pilot figure, the B has two.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

If you want to build a particular plane, search for it on www.1999.co.jp/eng, they publish some of the kit's full instruction sheet.

FWIW, I know for a fact the following 1/72 kits come with pilots:

- Hobby Boss Su-47 Berkut - the pilot looks very much underscaled. Looks really comical for such a short and skinny pilot sitting in a huge plane like this!

- Monogram A-10 Thunderbolt II (very old kit)

- Hasegawa F-16C Texas ANG (2-in-1 box) - This kit comes with 6 pilots!!!! 1 in sprue B (2 sprue in the box) and 1 in sprue G (4 sprue in the box). I think the figure in sprue G was supposed to be back seater or something (for F-16B/D perhaps?), since the helmet is different. Here's a pic of the sprues on the instruction sheet: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10067867z4/70/4

HTH

BTW... if you're building in-flight jets, and don't care about showing off the cockpit, you can also heavily tint the canopy, and then you don't have to put a pilot figure in there! :woot.gif:

I've done this for some of my model. But then again, all of my models are shelf sitters, so I'm not too fussed. :lol: