Is anyone else excited about the upcoming 1/48 T-6 Texan II kit from IBEX? I really like the lines of the Texan II/Harvard II a lot.

I had been expecting a 1/48 T-6 Texan II kit for a while, so I had some artwork lying around. Unless something changes my mind, I plan to have a 1/48 decal sheet shortly after the kit appears. The sheet will cover all foreign users (Canada/Greece/Iraq/Morocco) and at least 3-4 US schemes that are not covered by the kit decal sheet. Here are my drafts for the foreign versions (yes, I know the Moroccan roundel is missing its crown..).

texansdraft.png

• 3 weeks later...

L&M Resin makes a fairly descent resin T-6 Texan II/Pilatus PC-9 in 72nd scale. I have 2 and was impressed. ARC has a review of their PC-9 kits. L&M Resin is a Czech company if I recall, it's been awhile. Their prices are in euros, came to roughly $32.00 each. Packaging is a bit of an issue, as the parts come in bags. One of my kits arrived with broken prop blades, but fixable.

Been looking for some markings in 72nd, both U.S. Air Force and NAVY. Any chance a plan is in place to this new sheet in 72nd as well? Anyway, just hoping.

L&M Resin makes a fairly descent resin T-6 Texan II/Pilatus PC-9 in 72nd scale. I have 2 and was impressed. ARC has a review of their PC-9 kits. L&M Resin is a Czech company if I recall, it's been awhile. Their prices are in euros, came to roughly $32.00 each. Packaging is a bit of an issue, as the parts come in bags. One of my kits arrived with broken prop blades, but fixable.

Been looking for some markings in 72nd, both U.S. Air Force and NAVY. Any chance a plan is in place to this new sheet in 72nd as well? Anyway, just hoping.

Perhaps not immediately, but it would be very easy to scale them down to 1/72 when a mainstream kit appears. I can definitely help you with some US markings as custom decals, send me a PM if interested. I have a bunch of US markings already done.

Edited by KursadA

Perhaps not immediately, but it would be very easy to scale them down to 1/72 when a mainstream kit appears. I can definitely help you with some US markings as custom decals, send me a PM if interested. I have a bunch of US markings already done.

Tried to send you a PM, message came back stating you couldn't receive new messages at this time. Anyway, I would be interested in some US markings for the T-6. I have a copy of your Reaper markings and they are outstanding. If it would not be too much, I would like to custom order some for both Air Force and NAVY. Let me know what you need from me and cost.

Tried to send you a PM, message came back stating you couldn't receive new messages at this time. Anyway, I would be interested in some US markings for the T-6. I have a copy of your Reaper markings and they are outstanding. If it would not be too much, I would like to custom order some for both Air Force and NAVY. Let me know what you need from me and cost.

I just sent you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I beg to differ? I've actually BUILT the L&M kit and it's awful! Such a pity that Aeroclub have shut up shop - their Texan II would have been nice...

How about one painted like a Marine Corsair? This has me rethinking my original plans.

http://www.navair.navy.mil/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.PrintNewsStory&id=4614

FYI, I just sent a DVD to Kursada of three walkarounds taken at Oshkosh last week.

First is the T-6A (Marines retro)

T-6AMarines.jpg

Navy T-6B (new Avionics & HUD)

T-6ATexanIINAVY-01.jpg

And the USAF T-6A "classic"

T-6AUSAF.jpg

The crews let me take a bunch of cockpit photos of the T-6A (USAF) and the T-6B (shown).

T-6Bcockpit-01.jpg

Also is an open engine bay on the T-6B.

T-6Bengine-01.jpg

Edited by drhornii
  • 1 month later...

I wanna build this model form IBEX (the release has been delayed to October), so I will need a set with the Canadian ones.. when will they be available?? :whistle::pray:

The design is complete, but I got no answer when I tried contacting the company to see if they could provide some help for fitting the decals. This means that I will have to wait until the kit is available to ensure that everything is sized correctly and will fit on the model. The sheet should be available in about a month after the release of the kit.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...