First three!

The Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II is a purpose designed tank-buster and ground attack aircraft. More commonly called the Warthog, it entered service in 1977 and has seen combat many times since 1991.

The A-10 was built around the GAU-8 30mm cannon which takes up most of the forward space in the aircraft. The principle of the aircraft design is simple: to fly close to front-line troops, be highly manoeuvrable, resistant to damage, and provide high stopping power.

The Warthog is armed with 1 x 30mm machine cannon with 1,174 rounds and 11 pylons for missiles, bombs, rockets, or fuel tanks. 2 x AIM-9s are normally carried for self-defence, and AGM-65s are a standard load, but almost any ground-attack munition can be used.

A-10A of the 25th Fighter Squadron USAF 2003.

A10A_25FS_1.jpg

A-10A of the 74th Fighter Squadron USAF 2003.

A10A_74FS_1.jpg

A-10A of the 358th Fighter Squadron USAF 1986.

A10A_358FS_1.jpg

Thank you - I like the green ones best, of course I *might* change your mind with this 'what-if' number: http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/aircraft/fantasy_4/F323_A10_Ukraine.jpg :D

Clave ,

there is NO MIGHT about it !!!

You blinking WELL DID !

That is JUST OUTSTANDING bit of color work and GREA art work too as ever..LOVED IT... :wub: :wub: :wub:

MORE ..Please....

HOLMES

You could do anothe What if project.. The Turkish AF. I remember giving a tour to a group of TuAF officers back in the late 80's. Word was that the deal fell though because we were afraid that they would use the hog against the Kurds..

• 2 weeks later...