For a first aircraft model, what would you choose?

I'm a really experienced armor guy and have been on the search for the perfect kit. I was looking at a bunch of Russian/Soviet aircraft and I think I've decided on two kits because they are available to me. I can easily work with PE and resin, so more

Which would you choose:

Eduard SU-17 Fitter

Eduard MiG-21MF

I'd like a great plane that looks great with some camo and weathering but just wondering which kit someone would choose.

Thanks!

Sean

Although being sold by the same manufacturer, those two kits are worlds apart in technology.

Of the 2 get the Mig-21, it just came out and is light years ahead of the Su-17 which was 1st put out by Kopro (KP) 20 years or so ago.

Curt

Although being sold by the same manufacturer, those two kits are worlds apart in technology.

Of the 2 get the Mig-21, it just came out and is light years ahead of the Su-17 which was 1st put out by Kopro (KP) 20 years or so ago.

Curt

+1

No.No.NO we just decided for you that it will be the Mig-21................. :woot.gif:

You just took 2 steps forward then 5 steps back.

If it's price and any of these were within $10 of the Mig I'd go with the Mig.

Of the kits you mentioned the Mirage IIICJ comes in 2nd, but beware that depending on the boxing, there is panel line scribing issues (the 1st release of the IDF versions) they faded to nothing or very light on the underside of the fuselage, and there are some warping twisting issues with the fuselage, cockpit detail is basic, although you get a PE instrument panel.

I don't know about the Lysander, it was 1st released by Gavia Now by Eduard, with added photo etch. It seems to be expensive for what it is and it's also an old kit, I'd pass.

They all seem to retail in the $45 range, I don't know if price or availability is an issue, but I think it is wisest to go with the Eduard Mig-21,you will surely have buyers remorse it you go with the others.

Curt

OR did I read your post wrong, you were planning on picking up a 2nd kit???

If so and again if the price was close to the Mig's, I'd buy a 2nd Mig :thumbsup:

Mig's are about like Bf-109's there are so many different paint schemes you just can't do one.

Curt

as there was issues with eduard's profipak mig-21mf colored pe fret colors

you can wait a little, and get the week-end edition of the mig-21 mf. should come cheaper.

you could also consider eduard's mig-21 smt