Decals for 1/48 Spit Mk Vb Trop?

Hi All,

Are there any aftermarket decals for a 1/48 Spit Mk Vb Topical? I'm building one with the smaller filter underneath (not the larger Vokes filter). I just ruined the roundels for the lower wings on my Tamiya kit. I've never seen MicroSol completely disintegrate decals like what just happened. <_<

Thanks for any help/recommendations.

:cheers:

Mike

If its only the lower wings decals you're after, there should be any amount of generic 1/48 C type roundels available. Its not my scale but a google for 1/48 RAF WW2 roundel decals would be a good place to start, & something gentler on the rest of them a good way to go on. :lol:

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

I'm building one with the smaller filter underneath (not the larger Vokes filter).

That's usually referred to as an "Aboukir filter". It was devised by 103 Maintenance Unit based at,unsurprisingly,Aboukir. It wasn't as effective as a Vokes filter but,as you can see from your model,the drag penalty was lower.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks all (and for the name of the filter!) :)

I've found and placed an order for roundels, and that should work fine (but MANY thanks for the kind offer, Matt).

Everyone here is awesome! :)

Mike