Academy 1/48 MH-53E

I am thinking of getting a 1/48 MH-53E kit. I can get the kit for $76.23 at Lucky Models.

But I am a little intimidated by the sheer amount of parts involved, especially the rotor parts, which look confusing to assemble.

So can anyone who has built this kit give me any idea of what I would be getting myself into assembly wise? Is the kit worth the price above?

Thanks.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Hello

I have recently finished one, and i will highly recommend it. Don't worry about rotor, even if it looks complicated, instructions is clear to read and parts fit together like a dream.

It is a big piece of plastic, but it really looks great on the shelf when finished.

You can build it as folded or fully operational chopper and both options are included in kit, so there is no need of any scratchbuilding.

I can't help you with the price, but this kit is really good for novice as well as experienced modeler.

Hi Scott, If you haven't ordered the kit from Lucky Models yet the Academy MH-53E is on clearance in the July Squadron flyer for $38.99, sale should be live on their website on July 1st, stock # is MH12703, I've heard you can sometimes call and get the flyer price before the sale actually starts.

Steven

C'mon Scott, you can do it. You've built one of the Hasegawa F18's so the MH53E should be a piece of cake. Plus, when you show it at the meeting I'll know what I'm in for.

I am thinking of getting a 1/48 MH-53E kit. I can get the kit for $76.23 at Lucky Models.

But I am a little intimidated by the sheer amount of parts involved, especially the rotor parts, which look confusing to assemble.

So can anyone who has built this kit give me any idea of what I would be getting myself into assembly wise? Is the kit worth the price above?

Thanks.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS