recent aquarium project

Hey folks, wanted to setup something relaxing in the home office and this was the result. The bottom tank is a 29 gallon that I had in the shed, top tank is a new 75 gallon, and I built the stand. Not much in the top tank right now (a few shrimp, neons, loaches, and a snail).

2011-06-28_13-17-22_792.jpg

Flight 19 leader crashed in the top tank :)

2011-06-28_13-17-00_311.jpg

Blue Crayfish in the bottom tank. He killed a feeder his first day in the tank.

2011-06-29_14-19-44_350.jpg

2011-06-29_14-20-09_631.jpg

nice chevaux destructor... lol had blues and reds in my 6ft x2 x2 tank. Nice setup, i use to collect australian fresh water natives... Bass ,Sleepy Cod ,Silver Perch, Golden Perch,had freshwater bream for a while.... but my yabby ( chevaux destructor) was a classic... tail surfed three laps of the tank hangin onto a bass tail.... got out and hid for three days...lol they are great.... but i do miss mny Sleepy Cod ( lineolatus eleotaurus) used to change colours and was soooo much fun to put live feeders ( goldfish) in the tank..... hours of entertainment.... better than tv!!!!

go nuts!!!

( but you should seal that 'plane in something... you dont want paint sniffing fish.... chroming fish? lol )

Looks awesome but whats that Avenger painted in? Are you sure its safe to be in an environment like that????

Most likely safer then the animals natural environment :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plastic and paint equals a VERY BAD environment for fish and/or crustacens!! It will leech off of the plastic and literally poison your tank. Super Glue, Tamiya cement etc will also all do the same. Your tank may recreate the ocean but it is NOT millions of miles of water, it is about 50 square feet so the paint, plastic and glue will not be diluted. I would hate for you to lse your wildlife but eventually you will. I have rasied fish for the better part of 20 years and understand the biogy of the ecosystem you have them in. It also does not matter if it is acrylic, enamel or laquer paint. Just a word of caution, nothing more.

Cheers!

Mike