I just thought of a future project, I would like to know if there is a 1/72 decal sheet available for Seaking in Islamic Republic of Iran Navy colours available, or if there is any in the pipe line.

Does anyone know of a good source of reference pictures for Iranian Seakings?

Thanks in advance

I believe that a magazine just did a nice overview of Iranian Seakings. Maybe Combat Aircraft? I'll look through my stacks and if I find anything, I'll try to scan in some pics.

Sorry I don't have scanner capability, but the article in question can be found in:

Combat Aircraft Monthly, May 2011 US Edition Vol 12, No. 5; Pages 84-87 "Long Live the Persian Sea King" - Babak Taghvaee

Hope this helps you in your quest.

Josh

I believe that a magazine just did a nice overview of Iranian Seakings. Maybe Combat Aircraft? I'll look through my stacks and if I find anything, I'll try to scan in some pics.

That just so happens to be the magazine that inspired me to look for decals :rolleyes:

Maybe some custom decal manufacturer can do them, like mike grant used to that would be nice.

So there is none available? thats to bad :crying2:

Best I can come up with for details? Superscale did an IRINAF P-3 sheet ages ago, which should(!) have the same badge. It'd be a different size, but may(!) be useable enough to draw some properly sized artwork.

But that's about where my project stalled, too. I've got pretty much all the other decal art done, but the Navy badge eluded me. :(

I dont' think it's the same badge, or at least I've never seen a photo that shows it. AFAIK the IIN's P-3s never carried any kind of badges on them operationally. Just the camo with roundels, tail flag, and black serials. Do you have a photo that shows it? I wouldn't trust any old Microscale sheet as a reference without photos to back it up!

• 5 years later...

I just thought of a future project, I would like to know if there is a 1/72 decal sheet available for Seaking in Islamic Republic of Iran Navy colours available, or if there is any in the pipe line.

Does anyone know of a good source of reference pictures for Iranian Seakings?

Thanks in advance

good my friend.There was 3types comoflage Seaking in Iranian Navy .2types is ancient and one is new.

006-0.jpg

009-0.jpg

44_d30f5.jpg

Edited by pervis