1/24 'Aussie Mossie' FB.VI

Hi guys,

I have just finished this for the Airfix GB here on ARC but I thought I'd post it here too as I know some don't venture into the GBs.

Serial: A52-500 NA-A

Type: De Havilland Mosquito FB.VI

Based: No. 1 Squadron, RAAF, Kingaroy, Qld., Morotai and Labuan (SWPA) circa 1945

Scheme: All over silver with RAAF national markings

Kit: 1/24 Airfix with resin cast wheels, Master .303 Cal Browning and 20mm Hispano barrel replacements. Scratch seat belts. Painted in Humbrol Silver No. 11, Humbrol Interior Green 78 and mix and mash of other Humbrol, Model Master and Tamiya Enamels

DSC05147.jpg

DSC05154.jpg

DSC05148.jpg

DSC05149.jpg

DSC05150.jpg

DSC05151.jpg

DSC05152.jpg

DSC05153.jpg

I hope you like it.

Regards

Andrew

Aw Heck Andrew, that really is a bit nice. The more I see of these things the more I know I need one, even though I can't afford it & haven't got the room. :lol: Finished in HX912 colours, my late uncles last plane with 464.

Steve.

Thanks Logan TLR. You will enjoy the build but be wary of the U/c as they can become tricky and break easily.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

Hi

Haven't they come out with replacements yet? I could have sworn I saw metal ones ....

Also toying with those barrels.

Cheers

Tom

Thanks Plano Guy and Petar,

I built this for a friend who I have advised to put a mirror underneath to see the detail. Most of those panels come off which would make using a mirror advisable. In relation to the engine piping they all come with the kit.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

That is a big kit Andrew, throw some servo's, radio reciever and 2 motors in there and fly it around . Real nice job on the details. only thing I can critique as this looks factory new is darken up the panel lines. just be carful when you move it from room to room, you might damage a wall or woodwork with a wingtip!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Andrew, thats very very nice mate!!

I was following this at AMI, glad to see her finished up.

Love that silver dope scheme, I hope my 75 sqn RNZAF one comes out half as nice! When I get back to my own ones after finishing off some projects for other people I would like to get cracking on my 24th Mossie again, oh and the BK-117 and A-4K......

Great work mate, always a pleasure to see your models.

Cheers

Anthony