So, after being away from the work bench for a little over a year due to health issues, how about something easy for the return.

Spanish Civil War I-16 in 1/48th from Eduard. Should be a theraputic project.

Cheers,

Dave

I will be starting in, Sir, with a Hawker Demon, loosely based on the Airfix 1/72 kit. It will be finished in camouflage as a 'Malta Demon' of No. 74, stationed on that island between Sept. 1935 and July 1936.

I am also commencing another entry, intended, anyway, as a quick build: a camouflaged Gloster Gladiator of No. 80 squadron in Egypt, dated to spring of 1939 by its squadron codes and spear-point squadron flash, built from the recent Revell re-issue of the old Matchbox 1/72 Gladiator kit.

Edited by Old Man

I'm going to go with a 109E-3 0f 3./JG51 in the winter of '39-'40 Simple scheme, but I like the markings. The wing crosses were over sized to aid in ground recognition. It looks like-

100730015.jpg

I'll use the 1/48 Tamiya E-3 kit. I have a habit of "mass" painting" when I'm using a color that crosses several colors like cockpit colors, so the pit already has MM RLM02 sprayed. Other than that, there's nothing else dome.....yet :o)

100730020.jpg

Edited by mclents

So, after being away from the work bench for a little over a year due to health issues, how about something easy for the return.

Spanish Civil War I-16 in 1/48th from Eduard. Should be a theraputic project.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, hey old buddy! Great to see you back!

I'm going to attempt to do a Spanish Civil War Bf 109D-1 flown by Werner Mölders, "6-79" of 3./J88. I'll be using the Eduard 1/32 Bf 109E-1 along with the Alley Cat Bf 109D conversion set.

I also have a 1/32 Silver Wings He 51 in the stash that I might do, time permitting.

I'm going to attempt to do a Spanish Civil War Bf 109D-1... I'll be using the Eduard 1/32 Bf 109E-1 along with the Alley Cat Bf 109D conversion set.

Mike,

My Alley Cat conversion set is on its way from England and I may also do a 1/32 Bf-109D-1. I got the conversion set with the camo decals, though. It's either that, a Classic Airframes 1/48 Bf-109D (Molders' aircraft), or a Battle of France Classic Airframes 1/48 Hurricane Mk.I. I've got to get more done on my current project before I decide for sure.

If a completed, closed-up fuselage (and only that much) is still in the 50% rule, then I would like to pull out my BT-8 and start working on it again.

kora_bt8-boxtop.jpg

Matt, good to go on that one!

Looking forward to seeing your BT-8, Matt.

It looks like there could be some off the beaten track builds here. Should be an interesting GB.

I've got several subjects in mind for this one. All seem to be Yellow Wing subjects starting off with a Heller SBC-4. I haven't decided on markings yet.

This GB looks like a good excuse to build something I'd never get done otherwise. As soon as I can find some time, I'm in with either a Peashooter, Hawk or Devastator in quarter scale - depending on whether others will tackle the same subject before me.

As discussed in previous post , I'm working on the Airfix 1/48th Bf-109E-1. It will be the bird flown by Gunther von Mahltzan. I had started this model when this group build was first spoken about, and now, it is near completion. This plane was flown by Jg-53 during the period of the red nose stripe. Not exactly certain of when that was, but I believe it just squeaks in, time wise. I'm doing very little in the realm of improvement or correction, as I am also using this build for a kit review article. Hal Sr

For the Recce GB, I started to do a Mureaux 117 but I didn't manage to finish it in time. Construction stopped when the cockpit's detailling was still in progress. Can I envisage to continue it here ?

Jan, looking at your build thread in the Recce GB, it looks like you're way under the 50% threshold. I have no problem with you continuing your build here.

Hello

So far I've been watching avery topic of this GB, but I'm going to participate.

I've decided to build a Nieuport Delage NiD 622, but first I've to check if they still were on duty in 1935 to match the rules of this GB.

Patrick

Would a Curtiss F11C be too early for the GB?

I think you're good to go, from Wikipedia:

The only U.S. Navy units to operate the F11C-2 were the Navy's famous "High Hat Squadron", VF-1B, aboard the carrier Saratoga, and VB-6 briefly assigned to Enterprise. In March 1934, when the aircraft were redesignated BFC-2, the "High Hat Squadron" squadron was renumbered VB-2B, and then VB-3B, and retained its BFC-2s until February 1938. VB-6 never actually embarked on Enterprise with the BFC bombers.

Hello

So far I've been watching avery topic of this GB, but I'm going to participate.

I've decided to build a Nieuport Delage NiD 622, but first I've to check if they still were on duty in 1935 to match the rules of this GB.

Patrick

Now, I can confirm the Nieuport Delage NiD 622 were still in front line service with three flotilles of Marine Nationale in 1935 and at least until 1936 when they were transfered to the Armée de l'air.

So I'll be in.

Patrick

Now, I can confirm the Nieuport Delage NiD 622 were still in front line service with three flotilles of Marine Nationale in 1935 and at least until 1936 when they were transfered to the Armée de l'air.

So I'll be in.

Patrick

Looking forward to your build, Patrick.