Now, I can confirm the Nieuport Delage NiD 622 were still in front line service with three flotilles of Marine Nationale in 1935 and at least until 1936 when they were transfered to the Armée de l'air.

So I'll be in.

Patrick

Correct. I'm reading the Stratus book on the Ni-D 29 and 62 family, and some of them flew until the beginning of the war.

I'd like to join the fun. I recently found an Academy 1/48 Seversky P-35A. The only catch is that the kit decals for the USAAC machine I'd like to do are for an aircraft based in the Philippines beginning in February 1941. Is that too late to qualify?

Thanks!

Stuart

I'd like to join the fun. I recently found an Academy 1/48 Seversky P-35A. The only catch is that the kit decals for the USAAC machine I'd like to do are for an aircraft based in the Philippines beginning in February 1941. Is that too late to qualify?

Thanks!

Stuart

Sorry, Stuart. The dates are up to and including the Battle of France. Doesn't include the Battle of Britain. Your Feb 1941 color scheme is half a year too late. The P-35 is ok if you can find a scheme during this time period.

Sorry, Stuart. The dates are up to and including the Battle of France. Doesn't include the Battle of Britain. Your Feb 1941 color scheme is half a year too late. The P-35 is ok if you can find a scheme during this time period.

OK, thanks anyway. I don't have any other decals for this, so I'll try to catch another GB later.

Stuart

I am setting off on two more entries, Gentlemen: start enough, I suppose I must finish one, eh? But two old kits recently came to hand, that were such a treat to the eyes on opening that I have piled straight in.

One is a Revell PZL P.11c....

One is a Monogram Curtiss P-6E....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got all my business trips and vacations finished so time to get at it. I've decided to step out of my normal box (read non-Luftwaffe) and do the Azur 1/32 H-75 Hawk. I'll be doing an aircraft from The Battle of France. Markings are TBD but I ordered a sheet of decals from Dave Klaus with some interesting markings. I'll be starting as soon as the kit shows up from Sprue Brothers.

I have a bench up and operational again and I am in! Took a Monogram TBD to work today and sprayed the interior bits with aluminum metallizer, so there's my project. And since I've been wanting to do this particular scheme for awhile, it will represent BuNo 0335 while she was designated as Plane B during Fleet Problem XXI in April 1940.

Ken

If this qualifies, I would like to enter a HS-123 in Chinese markings; one of nine purchased from Germany in 1939. Thank you.

So long as it was in service prior to the end of June 1940, it qualifies. Sounds like an interesting subject. What kit will you be using?

So long as it was in service prior to the end of June 1940, it qualifies. Sounds like an interesting subject. What kit will you be using?

I believe the Chinese Hs-123's were pretty much out of service by 1940; they proved to be little match for the Japanese fighters of the time. I will be using an old Esci 1/48th scale kit with a resin cockpit set that was made for the AmTech re-boxing of the kit several years back. The decals will be from the spares, or home made.

• 4 weeks later...

I see this build ends on November 30th...There's not a whole lot of time left, but if possible, I'd like to join with the PZL.37 Los. I should get the kit next week.

Otherwise, I'll just continue to watch you guys :)

I see this build ends on November 30th...There's not a whole lot of time left, but if possible, I'd like to join with the PZL.37 Los. I should get the kit next week.

Otherwise, I'll just continue to watch you guys :)

Actually the GB ends December 31st, that's another month for you.

I am going to try for a fifth here, Gentlemen: I will be starting a Monogram P-36 (in 1/72,of course), to be finished as one of the 27th Pursuit Squadron planes at the Cleveland Air Races at the start of September, 1939.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am going to try and squeeze in one more, Gentlemen, for an even half-dozen: I have just finished the Demon (though I will not have pictures till next week), and am just about done painting the Cleveland races P-36C.

The new entry will be a Heller Gladiator (1/72 of course), finished as a machine of 33 Sqn. at Ramleh in Palestine towards the end of 1938 (aluminum dope overall, but with squadron codes, not spearhead emblem).

Hi everyone,

Because of school work and exams and a subsequent flight home for winter break, I won't be able to build the Heinkel before the end of 2011 (I will finish it eventually).

I've started something smaller that I hope to complete by the deadline: Morane-Saulnier 230 by Heller.

Edited by Luno13