Hi People.

Has anyone had dealings with or purchased anything from this company based out of Salt Lake City?

www.superbugmodels.net

I sent a payment a few weeks ago to them for something but not heard anything to confirm my order.

Anyone had the same issues?

Regards

Andrew

Start the process and do whatever you can to stop payment or get your money back, now. The products really are not anything you can't do better building yourself, regardless of how bad you think your skills are, and the business practice is unreliable at best.

RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!

Good luck getting your product and having it be usuable, or getting a refund out of him. I'm not being sarcastic about that...I truely hope you can work something out. He's not had a good ruputation as any of his many "businesses".

Aaron

My personal Favorite Super Bug drama was when he came on to ARC as "his father" Remarkably from the same IP address. When Called out on this, it was "my dad is staying with me" and eventually he was forced to admit "ok, it was me." then he tried playing the sympathy card. This guy has ripped people off for sums in excess of tens of thousands of dollars, and every time he comes onto ARC he thinks people will have somehow forgotten this and he can't understand why people seem so upset still.

I have never and will never buy from super bug models, or whatever name he will change his company to next time in order to distance his new business from his criminal dealings. If you do see something you want from super bug I urge you to buy from a middle man, like an online hobby retailer.

The products are for the most part poor copies of other manufacturers parts and pieces. As noted by others his business practices are nothing short of horrible.

While I would not recommend doing business with Mr. Phelps directly because of his poor track record of filling orders, he DOES have some excellent products available through Great Models.com . I have two sets of his B-52H engine nacelles as well as a set of the B-52F nacelles and they are correct in size and shape and are excellent quality castings.

- One point to be aware of is that Great Models has the G model and F model engine nacelles reversed. The F model nacelles are the ones with the tear drop shaped fairing on the UPPER left of each nacelle. This is separate from and above the generator fairing on LOWER left of each nacelle. The G model does NOT has this second fairing.

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

While I would not recommend doing business with Mr. Phelps directly because of his poor track record of filling orders, he DOES have some excellent products available through Great Models.com . I have two sets of his B-52H engine nacelles as well as a set of the B-52F nacelles and they are correct in size and shape and are excellent quality castings.

- One point to be aware of is that Great Models has the G model and F model engine nacelles reversed. The F model nacelles are the ones with the tear drop shaped fairing on the UPPER left of each nacelle. This is separate from and above the generator fairing on LOWER left of each nacelle. The G model does NOT has this second fairing.

Darwin

Darwin, I have the Golden Dragon B-52H update set and it isn't worth the resin in the box. The castings are pitted and really rough. Are you saying that the new Super Bug stuff is actually good and new mold as opposed to updated old Golden Dragon stuff?
The products are for the most part poor copies of other manufacturers parts and pieces

His wingbox for the AMT BUFF is nothing more than a "slightly" modified kit part. I also urge everybody not to do business with him direct. Greatmodels is your best bet on actually getting your items on time. Now, that aside, I do have one of his B-52H update sets. The castings do look good and accurate from what I kbnow. But, I would only buy them from Greatmodels.

RYAN.

I'm I getting this right. Guys like JasonW are worried about the quality of the castings? Hello, you are not gonna get you stuff! Your money is gone, and nothing in return for the most part. Correct me if I'm wrong. T

his guy is scum.

Chuck

I'm I getting this right. Guys like JasonW are worried about the quality of the castings? Hello, you are not gonna get you stuff! Your money is gone, and nothing in return for the most part. Correct me if I'm wrong. T

his guy is scum.

Chuck

If (really big IF) I were even considering picking up a set of the B-52 stuff, I would ONLY buy it from Great Models.

Darwin, I have the Golden Dragon B-52H update set and it isn't worth the resin in the box. The castings are pitted and really rough.

A friend of mine had to buy 2 full sets, to get enough to do 1 model, but even then, he had alot of filling and sanding to do. Poor quality doesnt even begin to describe those engine sets...

Darwin, I have the Golden Dragon B-52H update set and it isn't worth the resin in the box. The castings are pitted and really rough. Are you saying that the new Super Bug stuff is actually good and new mold as opposed to updated old Golden Dragon stuff?

Jason,

I agree that a lot of the original Golden Dragon items were fair to totally unuseable quality. I have the "Early B-52H" update set from Golden Dragon and it is good, with smooth surfaces, no air bubbles or pin holes. The fan faces are poor with the vanes being very distorted. I also have the Super Bug B-52H engine nacelle kit and I would rate that as excellent, both in shape and quality.

The bottom item is the styrene AMT B-52H engine nacelle. The ivory colored item in the middle is one of the nacelles from GD early H update set and the gray item at the top is one of the nacelles from the SB H engine set. As you can see the two resin engine nacelles are slightly different in size, but I am not sure which is closer to correct.

100_2209.jpg

These are the fan faces, the ivory again being from the GD set and the gray from the SB set

100_2211.jpg

Rear view of the styrene and GD resin H nacelles

DSCN2584.jpg

The top item is the styrene nacelle from the AMT early G, B-52 kit and the bottom item is the Super Bug resin nacelle for the F model B-52.

DSCN2587.jpg

Left to right: styrene from Monogram D model, resin from SB F model, styrene from AMT G model, styrene from AMT H model and resin from GD H model.

DSCN2595.jpg

As several of the above posts have stated, I would not recommend ordering direct for GD/SB/BM, but rather go through Great Models.

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

My personal Favorite Super Bug drama was when he came on to ARC as "his father" Remarkably from the same IP address. When Called out on this, it was "my dad is staying with me" and eventually he was forced to admit "ok, it was me." then he tried playing the sympathy card.

WHAT? I completely missed that one!

His wingbox for the AMT BUFF is nothing more than a "slightly" modified kit part. I also urge everybody not to do business with him direct. Greatmodels is your best bet on actually getting your items on time. Now, that aside, I do have one of his B-52H update sets. But, I would only buy them from Greatmodels.

At some point when a person/company has gotten such a bad reputation for nearly every aspect of running a business, shouldn't you stop supporting them in any way possible, including not buying their product through a second party?

I would agree, but when it's THE only game in town, I would still buy it. Especially for a BUFF fan like me.

I do not condone his sales tactics with his customers. I definatly don't agree with his past entities,either. But, like I said, his products have gotten better and I will only order through Greatmodels.

RYAN.

At some point when a person/company has gotten such a bad reputation for nearly every aspect of running a business, shouldn't you stop supporting them in any way possible, including not buying their product through a second party?

EXACTLY!

I flat out refuse to support a business in any way, shape or form when they've done things like Superbug/Buffmaster/Golden Dragon/etc. has in the past, he's shown absolutely no willingness to change his ways, paying GreatModels for his items still supports since he gets paid for the item in the end whether you buy direct or via GM.

Ken

EXACTLY!

I flat out refuse to support a business in any way, shape or form when they've done things like Superbug/Buffmaster/Golden Dragon/etc. has in the past, he's shown absolutely no willingness to change his ways, paying GreatModels for his items still supports since he gets paid for the item in the end whether you buy direct or via GM.

Ken

Except that Buffmaster/Superbug/Golden Turd posted on here that his items are no longer going to be available through Great Models as he decided to go direct. This would lead me to believe that Great Models is liquidating the stock remaining which means they have already paid for those sets and anything they get will be helping them and NOT that shady business they bought the stock from.

These threads are almost as much fun as the Meteor threads.

Regards,

Murph

But the Meteor threads are less common now (although we did just have one a week or so ago, first in a while).

C'mon, we have to amuse ourselves somehow.

Except that Buffmaster/Superbug/Golden Turd posted on here that his items are no longer going to be available through Great Models as he decided to go direct. This would lead me to believe that Great Models is liquidating the stock remaining which means they have already paid for those sets and anything they get will be helping them and NOT that shady business they bought the stock from.

I don't know what their setup with him is or was, the sets may have been sold outright to GMW or on consignment, it doesn't change my view that ANY support to Super Bug Models should be avoided, in the end he gets paid.

Honestly I don't believe a word that Daniel posts regarding "his" business dealings, there have been so many different stories and "other parties" over the years where the only two constants in them have been Daniel and his efforts to hide the past.

Ken