I suspect that with Kursad's excellent decals and the decent kits of the Predator, Reaper and Global Hawk out that there will be a bunch of those subjects in this GB. So methinks I'll do something a bit different! :coolio: I plan on tackling the rather tiny (at least in 1/72) Muroc Models NASA Mini Sniffer. I'll post a litle bit of the background on this 1970s era NASA RC aircraft in my build thread once I start it. For those of you who aren't quite sure what this is, here's a photo from the NASA archives:

MiniSnifferECN-4206small.jpg

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

I suspect that with Kursad's excellent decals and the decent kits of the Predator, Reaper and Global Hawk out that there will be a bunch of those subjects in this GB. So methinks I'll do something a bit different! :coolio: I plan on tackling the rather tiny (at least in 1/72) Muroc Models NASA Mini Sniffer. I'll post a litle bit of the background on this 1970s era NASA RC aircraft in my build thread once I start it. For those of you who aren't quite sure what this is, here's a photo from the NASA archives:

MiniSnifferECN-4206small.jpg

Have fun modeling!

Mike

I have that kit floating around my stash somewhere

Have fun modeling!

Mike

In 1/72 scale, you could lose this little gem in the carpet..... :woot.gif:

1/48 scale MQ-9 Reaper drone Using Caracal decals

I'm also in with a 1:48 Reaper with Caracal decals. If you wish (or if you've decided which Reaper off that sheet you'll be doing), you can PM me or post it here and I'll choose a different one so we don't have a repeat.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

I'm also in with a 1:48 Reaper with Caracal decals. If you wish (or if you've decided which Reaper off that sheet you'll be doing), you can PM me or post it here and I'll choose a different one so we don't have a repeat.

You pick, I am not sure yet. Working on the Global Hawk first then likely the QF-16 but not 100% sure.

You pick, I am not sure yet. Working on the Global Hawk first then likely the QF-16 but not 100% sure.

OK...I'll do Option 4 (42nd ATKS, 05-0016 from 2008) ;)

Let me know how you like the RQ-4B kit...I'm almost done with mine, been working on it (off and on) for about 3 weeks now. Fairly easy build, IMHO.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
  • 4 weeks later...

My Ranger is in the end stages. I'm starting preliminary work on scratchbuilding another UAV - an Alenia Aeronautica Sky-Y, which is a test bed for their future Molynx UAV. I don't actually expect to finish this one, but I'll see what I can do.

Hey-

I'm been wanted to try this project for a long time, and this GB looks like the perfect time to give it a try. The plan is to scratchbuild a pair of Northop BQM-74E aerial targets in 1/48 scale. I thought they would make an interesting and colorful wing store for an A-4 that I am also building.

Build thread should be up shortly.

Thanks,

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I just joined up. I've been looking at the Unicraft X-47B for 6 months and now I find that Platz are doing one! Oh well. For this build I'd like to enter:

Unicraft MiG Skat

If I get that done (...a slow builder...) I'd also like to do:

Academy F6F-5K

Mel

Hello,

I just joined up. I've been looking at the Unicraft X-47B for 6 months and now I find that Platz are doing one! Oh well. For this build I'd like to enter:

Unicraft MiG Skat

If I get that done (...a slow builder...) I'd also like to do:

Academy F6F-5K

Mel

Interesting subjects!