First ANG Hun sheet - CD48003

Here is the final draft of my first jet sheet: CD48003 - Air National Guard F-100C/D/F Part 1.

This is the first of a series of Air National Guard jet decals. The following F-100s are featured, all in SEA camouflage scheme:

-Connecticut ANG F-100D (55-3365)

-Connecticut ANG F-100F (56-3769)

-Georgia ANG F-100D (56-3093)

-Georgia ANG F-100F (56-3752)

-Missouri ANG F-100C (54-1755)

-Missouri ANG F-100D (55-2877)

-Missouri ANG F-100F (56-3742)

-Missouri ANG F-100D (56-3327): Pop quiz: how is this airframe related to ARC?

-Indiana ANG (113 TFS) F-100D (56-2979): "City of Terre Haute" - last F-100 flight in USAF

-Indiana ANG (113 TFS) F-100F (56-3795)

There are national markings and stencils for one complete airframe. Thanks to the research done by Ben Brown, the stencils reflect the correct variations seen on camouflaged ANG aircraft. Some markings are duplicated in a couple common varieties.

Please let me know what you think. This should be available for sale in mid-August.

The next sheet is also nearing completion, and I will provide a preview here soon. My plan is to cover 3-4 states in each sheet.

anghun1draft.jpg

Looking good

Will certainly be ordering a couple of sheets when you get around to Kansas in SEA scheme

Cheers

John

Well, if this one does not sell; I may not ever get around to New Jersey or Kansas...Just saying.

Seriously, a lot of effort and research went into this one and I think the end result will be very appealing to everyone.

Well, if this one does not sell; I may not ever get around to New Jersey or Kansas...Just saying.

Seriously, a lot of effort and research went into this one and I think the end result will be very appealing to everyone.

Hopefully they sell well for you!

Cheers!

John

Looks great - when did you say that this will be available in 1/72? :)

Whenever I feel confident that I could experiment with 1/72 scale. Sorry, there are so many horror stories coming from other decal manufacturers that I just think I need to get more established and build some cushion before I could try single-aircraft 1/72 sheets. And when I do, it will probably be a subject that would be interesting to more European modelers(since that seems to be where 1/72 is big).

I am definitely thinking about experimenting with multi-subject 1/72 sheets similar to Wolfpak's concept, though. Some of these ANG Huns might appear on those sheets.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 9:43 AM, sierrascale said:

Please consider reprinting this sheet - it's impossible to find. I've been searching for weeks!

For "weeks," eh? That's nothing in scale modeling time. You may have to search for a year or more!  :thumbsup:

All joking aside, be patient. I've found nearly everything that's been on my wish list. Some took literally years to find, but nothing is unobtainable.

I regularly get requests for a reprint of this sheet. I think I will go ahead and reprint it sometime next year - but there is a complication. A lot of things have changed in the 5 years that passed since I released this sheet. Without going into the details, it now makes more financial and logistical sense to get it printed by Cartograf.

The original release was printed by Microscale, so the "reprint" will end up a slightly better product than the original. 

4 hours ago, Johnopfor said:

Should I ask............1/72 scale?

I am working on a 1/72 F-100 sheet which will consist of options scaled down from the various Hun sheets I did - I am sure a few options from this sheet will be on it.

• 1 month later...