Awesome parts but we have come to expect that from Alexander. :thumbsup:

Hi Tank,

Thanks for suggestion. I wish it was me to offer some new parts but presently I'm up to my mopless top with my home improvements. :)

I hope to finish a great deal of home chores in a month so that to take a respite from the home stuff and to switch over to more Kiowa improvements.

BTW, it would be nice to have a new glare shield with the airbags. ;)

Cheers!

Alexander

Edited by Eastern
...if you are going to use those 3 groups of holes under the oil cooler exhaust opening you need an additional set of fresh air intakes on that cowling.
The panel with the holes was one I spotted in a few photos and decided to toss it in the kit as an optional part. Doh!

I assume that the intakes you speak of are the round, half-domed ones from this thread (posts #26 & 27).

Since I was already going to do the artwork for the similar vent on the left side of the fuselage, I thought I might add the additional two, but,,,, Ooops :bandhead2: I somehow forgot all three of them!

I also noticed a couple of other details I should have included in the exterior etch set.

Since the etch is already done I plan to do an additional fret with the missing parts at the same time I have the interior etch done.

I'll include it in future sets when it's ready and offer it to those who buy the set before then.

This project wasn't planned. It just sorta started up and kept growing. I'm looking forward to doing more 'full detail sets' but hope to plan everything from the beginning in the future...

Disco Fever!

Disco_Ball_4.jpg

I'm up to my mopless top with my home improvements.
:D

Have fun remodeling your castle!

:cheers:

Hey Chris, your playing with the iridescent film turned out to show a great result!

The "disco ball" looks very convincing. I intend to try it on mine when all the parts will have arrived.

As for my "castle" :D , I'm really injoing remodeling it. And then, I'm gonna arranging a new man's cave! ;)

Alexander

The panel with the holes was one I spotted in a few photos and decided to toss it in the kit as an optional part. Doh!

I assume that the intakes you speak of are the round, half-domed ones from this thread (posts #26 & 27).

Yep, those are the ones I was refering to.

2012-05-01185801.jpg

2012-05-01185837.jpg

That topic also has pretty good photos of the CABS control box where the first aid kit usually is. I found a few birds in our fleet that have the first aid kit inside the other avionics bay door as well, just seems to depend who and where the CABS mod was done.

2012-05-01185850.jpg

Different angle on the CABS control box. And the two locations for the first aid kit with the CABS installed:

2012-05-01190027.jpg

Right door.

2012-05-01190126.jpg

Left door.

KiowaFixer

Edited by kiowafixer
  • 2 months later...
Just saw this thread and I need 2 sets of interior and exterior! When can we expect to see a release on them?!? I've got to do my sisters bird and her buddy's bird as well. So actually 3 sets for me!

The exterior set is sitting here finished just waiting for instruction sheets to be made.

Unfortunately the instructions need to be so complicated that I delayed for the time being.

I'll get around to it soon. :wacko:

I need to start selling these things to pay for all that photo-etch I invested in!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey again! You say that it's an exterior set, is there an interior set as well or is that also included in this set? Also, when can we expect this awesome detail set to be ready? Lastly, I just sent you an order for 2 MMS sets!

(Im)patiently waiting,

Jason

• 2 months later...
Hey again! You say that it's an exterior set, is there an interior set as well or is that also included in this set? Also, when can we expect this awesome detail set to be ready?

Yes, this first set is just the exterior parts. There will eventually be an interior set.

Both Alexander and I have been too busy with home improvement projects to work on new patterns so the interior set will be a while.

The exterior set is ready to go, I just need to take some time to create an instruction sheet. Unfortunately the instructions will be very involved as there are so many separate small parts that each need an illustration to show how and where to use them. Because of this I have procrastinated and had been working on the Tomcat intakes (before the home improvement began). I'll be back to the workbench soon and will try to get this released as well as finishing the Tomcat intakes.

Sorry about the delay...

The new nose is waiting.....

I don't know my Kiowas but that looks cool!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did this ever get released and I missed the boat?

It hasn't been released yet:

The exterior set is ready to go, I just need to take some time to create an instruction sheet. Unfortunately the instructions will be very involved as there are so many separate small parts that each need an illustration to show how and where to use them. Because of this I have procrastinated and had been working on the Tomcat intakes (before the home improvement began). I'll be back to the workbench soon and will try to get this released as well as finishing the Tomcat intakes.

Still working on the Tomcat intakes...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I didn't know this thread was even here. Crazy outstanding detail you've made!

Between your sets and Floyd's sets, somebody will have a contest winner. Someone needs to make some 82nd Avn decals for the OH-58's in A-stan!

Tim

And yes, you do need to try your hand on some UH/MH-60 stuff. Most definitely!

Edited by hawkwrench
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...