FS number for the green on a Pershing tank

No such correct answer. Apart from the usual caveats about believing the U.S. Army was truly able to standardize such a color in wartime, FS numbers are post-war, and worse, tampered with several times. If you're really interested in a technical discussion, Steve Zaloga, highly regarded by the prestige-concious armor modeling community, has written a pretty good summary of the problem. Read the last paragraph if you want the shortest answer on what hobby paint to use.

Myself, I've used a bunch. These days I'd do a finish that's a blend of shades: Great Northern Green from Polly Scale's railroad colors for undersides/shadows, Polly Scale or MM's rendition of 34087 as a heavy highlight for all upper and side surfaces, and then possibly some sort of tan in a gentle upper highlight. All this tends to prevent the Polly Scale or MM from being too "vibrant," as he says. In the past I've used Tamiya as he does, with good results too.

Edited by Fishwelding