M1128 MGS (Image Intensive!)

Just finished AFV Club's excellent Stryker MGS kit. I built it OOB just to take creative break from aircraft modelling and it turned out to be fun couple of weekends, with no cockpit or intakes fitting and cutting, seams filling and filing and such I might build more of these crawlers in the future. Whole thing was painted with MR Color Green (303) and weathered with variety of Tamiya acrylic paints and powders.

Enjoy

DSCI1504.JPG

DSCI1502.JPG

DSCI1508.JPG

DSCI1511.JPG

DSCI1513.JPG

DSCI1515.JPG

DSCI1519.JPG

DSCI1499.JPG

DSCI1505.JPG

DSCI1509.JPG

Edited by K-5

K-5

What can I say....It is such a BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS weathered Stryker. :smiley-transport023:

I love your detailed work on this and the gun turret looks great as do all the OTHER little details...

You have the painting PERFECTLY Mastered...I LOVE the fact that every little thing that you have on their has been exquisitely detailed like the tools, the water botles , the lights, etc..JUST AN AWESOME build. :jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping:

I think this is QUITE SIMPLY VERY INCREDIBLY IMPRESSIVE build from you ... :smiley-whacky084:

ROCK ON !!! :punk:

Edited by HOLMES

DAMN! that is a great weather job and excellent build. That same kit sits on my bench nearly ready for paint. Did you use dry pigments? How did you do your periscopes?

TC

Thanks. AFV makes great armor kits, hopefully they will do more a/c subjects as well. I used Tamiya weathering set, I think it's labeled as set #1, but instead of just applying it as a powder I dissolved its lighter dusty cell contents in rubbing alcohol and applied as if it was a wash. I used same technique on a few armor builds before. It allows to do a good representation of dusty surfaces with wear and tear being effects applied over dried pigment. In this case diluted future floor polish was added over dried pigment to simulate show sole wear and water/rain runoff. The periscopes were sprayed with one light coat of Alclad polished aluminum then painted with base color. A drop of The Detailer's clear red detailing fluid was added to each vision port. Primary and CO panoramic sights were painted much in the same way except I used clear green with some clear blue for thermal imaging channel window and a mixture of clear red and yellow for daytime/rangefinder window.

K-5

What can I say....It is such a BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS weathered Stryker. :smiley-transport023:

I love your detailed work on this and the gun turret looks great as do all the OTHER little details...

You have the painting PERFECTLY Mastered...I LOVE the fact that every little thing that you have on their has been exquisitely detailed like the tools, the water botles , the lights, etc..JUST AN AWESOME build. :jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping:

I think this is QUITE SIMPLY VERY INCREDIBLY IMPRESSIVE build from you ... :smiley-whacky084:

ROCK ON !!! :punk:

Oh hey, HOMES. This is nothing special, especially compared to what AMPS people bring to modelling competitions and events.

Edited by K-5
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...