Welcome to the P-51 Mustang Group Build!

Okay folks, we're in business. :thumbsup:

Basically, we're here to build any variant of the venerable P-51 Mustang. This includes all military variants (to include the P/F-82 Twin Mustang) as well as any of the civilian racers. Literally any Mustang you can think of. What if's are allowed but real aircraft are preferred. Any scale, any kit and any aftermarket mods/decals area allowed. Build it however you like, on the ground, in flight, with panels opened up. As long as it is a P-51 it is allowed. Kits should be no more than 10% started and started kits will be allowed at the discretion of the mods.

The group build mods are going to be Cobrahistorian, Pastafarian and I.

We've got a run time of six months, July 1st to June 30th, 2012.

Please sign on here and let us know what you're building.

***Edited to revise end date extension.***

Edited by JasonW

I'll give it a go. Am trying the 1/48 Revell P-51B/C

kit and will be using aftermarket decals for Tuskegee

Airmen. Someone doing banners? Thanks---John

Edited by john53

Oh how cool is this? I ordered an Academy P-51A for a project I wanted to do. Now i can build it here. It should arrive toward the end of July. :crying2: Its coming via "Slow boat" from Korea.

Edited by Dirkpitt289

Hi,

One can't have enough Mustangs. B)

I'll try to build a P-51K of the 356th FG in 1/48.

I like those cowling markings of the 356th FG and I came across Aeromaster sheet 48-016 at a show a couple of months ago. That has a 356th Fg option on it.

The same vendor also had a Hasegawa P-51 for sale, so I bought that as well because I know that these include the parts for a K-model.

I might not start for a while...I still have some B-17's to complete and a FM-2 Wildcat for Matt Roberts memorial GB.

Cheers, Stefan.

Almost two years passed after my latest GB model. Its Time to join this one.

Im planning to do a pair of Mustangs using 1/72 Italeri and Academy P-51Ds. Both kits are not the best, but they can make enough room for a pair of Tamiya gems.

Bye for now!

NICE

This kit must still have the new mold smell to it :wasntme:

and from what i heard you dont really need AM stuff for this kit

I would love to get one of those but its really not in my price range

Edited by Neo

Hey gang,

Can I get in on this? I've been slogging through a rather complicated project, and Tamiya's 1/48 shake-and-bake P-51 might be what I need to restore my modeling mojo.

I think I'll go OOB with some aftermarket decals. I have no idea about the markings yet. I'll worry about that later.

-O

Hey gang,

Can I get in on this? I've been slogging through a rather complicated project, and Tamiya's 1/48 shake-and-bake P-51 might be what I need to restore my modeling mojo.

I think I'll go OOB with some aftermarket decals. I have no idea about the markings yet. I'll worry about that later.

-O

Welcome aboard O, can't wait to see your build. :)
  • 2 weeks later...

i am in i will be doing the Griffin power racers from reno. they are all 1/72 scale kits from high planes models.

so the planes will be as fallows:

1 precious metal from when Ron bucarelli owned it but it is from the 2002 time frame.

2 miss Ashley 2 from 1999 when i saw it in person.

3 the RB-51 red Barron from 1979 when it was sponsored from michelob light.

i do have the right colors for each plane. and i actually have the real paint chip from miss Ashley 2 and i have matched the color of precious metals green wings. and they are not lime green there not that bright.

• 2 weeks later...