Anyone from Frankfurt am Main here?

Hi guys,

I moved to Frankfurt two months ago and apart from some Revell stuff at Galeria Kaufhof (at the Zeil) I didn't find any other modeling store here. I know there's Hobbytreff am Zoo but since they close at 18h30 I didn't have time to go there yet (I'm working at Niederrad and I only leave around 18h).

I did order some stuff at Modellbau Koening (online store), but I haven't got them yet. One of them is the new Revell 1/32 He111 and I'm not sure when it's going to be released.

So, my question is simple: where do you guys get stuff like paints (other than Revell), models, etc.? Also, where can I get an airbrush here in Frankfurt? I'm looking into Iwata or Badger stuff.

TIA,

Ricardo

Hi,

I'm not from Frankfurt but I would recommend to contact the local plastic model club.

Plastikmodellbau-Verein Frankfurt e.V. 71

Stephan Eberhardt

Lauterbacher Straße 20

60386 Frankfurt am Main

Homepage: http://www.pmv-frankfurt.de/

More contact info: http://www.dpmv.de/vereine/mitgliedsvereine.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hornet

Thanks guys!

I'll try to contact the local club. Hope they speak English. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut...

BTW, which are the best German online stores? I build mostly military aircraft (from 1/72 to 1/32, whether modern or WWII) and 1/35 AFVs.

Ricardo

Edited by madcow

I am living 40km west of Frankfurt in Mainz.

I do get 99% of my stuff by mailorder.

Frankfurt and the surrounding area is modeller´s wasteland.

There´s a tiny shop in Lorsch, 60km south of Frankfurt, but he´s well stocked and the owner is an aircraft enthusiast.

Worth a trip on a Saturday morning.

The shop is:

Take-Off Modell Shop

Alexanderstr. 22

64653 Lorsch

look here

On September 17./18. is a huge exhibition in Mainz, look look here

In case you are into armour too, this might be something for you, too. It´s on August 28. MBC Camouflage

I attend both shows, in case you are interested, contact me via PM.

Thomas

Edited by Thomas

Hobbytreff am Zoo is pretty small, and a lot of their space is dedicated to model train stuff. I stopped by because I was already Frankfurt anyway, but I'm not going to make a point to ever go there again.

Take off Lorsch is pretty good, if I'm ever in the area again I would make the effort to visit again.

Wilkommen in Deutschland!

Hoops

Thanks guys.

One of these days I'll go to Take-Off then.

I guess I'll have to keep ordering stuff through mail. One other think, completely unrelated: do you know when will the Revell 1/32 He111 be released? I ordered it in late June, thinking it would be released on July 5th, but so far nothing :(

Ricardo