Have you flown in a Ford, lately?

Mandie and I were able to catch up with the EAA Ford Tri-Motor in Elkhart, IN this afternoon. She's been trying to get a ride in a Tin Goose since we first met. We were planning to take a hop in the Kalamazoo Air Zoo's Tri-Motor the first time she visited Michigan in the spring of '02, but that very weekend the aircraft was grounded due to corrosion in the wing spars. I got my first flight in the old Island Airlines Ford back in 1976, and have flown in three different ones (probably over a dozen times in the Air Zoo Ford when I was a volunteer.) It's definitely my all-time favorite airplane. To me, being literally surrounded by radial engines is like sitting in the middle of a symphony orchestra!

A few pics...

SN

07-10-11085a.jpg

07-10-11068.jpg

07-10-11040.jpg

07-10-11135.jpg

07-10-11075.jpg

07-10-11093.jpg

07-10-11119.jpg

07-10-11087.jpg

07-10-11088.jpg

Sure I have, uh, oh, that Ford only has 3 wheels and 3 engines?! My Ford has 4 wheels and only one engine, but there's times I am flying!?

That's nice sure will jump on a chance to fly on it if it ever comes north of that great undefended border.

Cool!! I got to fly on a Ju52 while visiting Zürich a few years ago, so I have some idea what that's like. Verrrrrry cool! When the airplane started shaking as that first big radial fired up I nearly wet myself ;)

was it as noisy as it appears?.

WHAT?!

I suppose "noisy" is ralative. If radial engines happen to be your favorite sound in the world, then sitting between three of them isn't "noisy" at all! B)

SN

WHAT?!

I suppose "noisy" is ralative. If radial engines happen to be your favorite sound in the world, then sitting between three of them isn't "noisy" at all! B)

SN

The radio in my Ford, is the exauhst system :D

Edit: Oops and the supercharger.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Wayne S

So Mandie, do you have any single sisters? Cousins? Friends?? :)

Well, I'm an only child...but I might be able to find a single friend or 2... but I doubt there is another one like me. :rolleyes: