CD48006 - Turkish Air Force F-16C/D Part 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will this be avaliable in 1:72?

Yes, as the cover image suggests CD72002 will be the 1/72 version of this sheet. It will most likely follow the 1/48 versions by a couple months.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

Kursad

Usually F-16s on their first deployments with USAF are in three colors. But once they go through their first repaint, their color is two tone with the underside being the same as upper. Is this the norm with TuAF as well? Have you noticed in your research if TuAF maintains the three color pattern or not?

Thanks

Sohaib

Kursad

Usually F-16s on their first deployments with USAF are in three colors. But once they go through their first repaint, their color is two tone with the underside being the same as upper. Is this the norm with TuAF as well? Have you noticed in your research if TuAF maintains the three color pattern or not?

Thanks

Sohaib

Hi Sohaib,

Turkish Air Force has been very consistent in using the three-color camouflage pattern up until the introduction of the first Block 50+ aircraft in Summer 2011. All Block 50+'s we have seen so far are painted in the two-color scheme; and it remains to be seen if the older aircraft are going to be repainted in the new scheme in the future.

• 1 month later...

Has the 1/72 sheet been released? I hope I haven't missed it.

I am planning to release the two 1/72 scale sheets at the same time after I release the second 1/48 F-16 sheet. They use the same set of colors and it will be more cost-effective that way.

Sounds good just wanted to make shure I had'nt missed them. I had a suggestion forif you do another f-16 sheet, I have been looking and there does not seem to be any decals available for morocccan f-16's. Which is a shame because they are quite nice looking and the camo is unique to the royal Moroccan air force.

Edited by rustywelder
  • 4 years later...
On 2/12/2012 at 0:40 AM, KursadA said:

I am planning to release the two 1/72 scale sheets at the same time after I release the second 1/48 F-16 sheet. They use the same set of colors and it will be more cost-effective that way.

Kursad-

Do you have any plans for 72002 to still come out? I'd be interested, and the previous posts in this thread indicate there is some interest from others. Your fans want to know your plans!

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, bdt13 said:

Kursad-

Do you have any plans for 72002 to still come out? I'd be interested, and the previous posts in this thread indicate there is some interest from others. Your fans want to know your plans!

I'd buy it for sure. And an 1/72 Turkish F-4 sheet as well :-)

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

I will do a 1/72 scale Turkish F-16 sheet at some point - soon after I release the third 1/48 TuAF F-16 sheet sometime in the next few months.

Very glad to hear this! Looking forward to it.