Here's a couple of images of the 109 I'm doing for the sharkmouth build

Looks like you tamed this one!

You might want to watch out for the tail surfaces alignment - I don't know what was wrong with mine but it ended up like a corkscrew. I suspect that the slots for the tailplanes are at different heights on the two sides of the fin.

Looks like you tamed this one!

You might want to watch out for the tail surfaces alignment - I don't know what was wrong with mine but it ended up like a corkscrew. I suspect that the slots for the tailplanes are at different heights on the two sides of the fin.

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't done more to the tail than to put the stabs in the slots to see if they fit. I was going to paint it this week so I'll have to take a closer look at it.

Looks pretty good (I think, bigger pics would be :thumbsup:)! The preshading on the bottoms side looks spectacular! Did you discover you had the same issue with the tail planes as Bonehammer?

Edited by blunce

Looks pretty good (I think, bigger pics would be :thumbsup:)! The preshading on the bottoms side looks spectacular! Did you discover you had the same issue with the tail planes as Bonehammer?

Thanks for the kind words. When It's finished I'll post better (larger) pictures.

Yep, my kit's got the same issues with the tail. My version of a fix is to remove some of the mounting tab so the stabs can be slid forward. They'll wind up being a little off, but I don't think anyone wil notice.

• 1 month later...

More progress. I used the kit (HobbyCraft) decals and they didn't lay down very well. I took these right after I sprayed the spinner. I still need to do some light weathering and chipping, then she's done.

Bf003.jpg

Bf006.jpg

Edited by Grenadier37

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I kept painting after I posted the pics and now the spinner in red AND white,and a little bit of chipping was added. So Now I need to wash the decal glue off it, seal it, weather it and post images in the completed thread.

But...this is MotoGP weekend at Indy, so I'm off to the races.

Edited by Grenadier37
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, gotta say, that sharkmouth looks great on a 109! MotoGP must be over by now, get some final pics posted why don't ya! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm making small stabs at finishing the 109. I started working on the Italeri 1/72 XB-70...aaaaaaa yeh, fit is well...shat!

Here's a link where my pictures from the MotoGP race,

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/grenadier37/Indy%202011/

Edited by Grenadier37

Why can't all girls be MotoGP girls?

Sigh...

Because God is a kind, loving, benevolent SOB with a sick sense of humor.

BTW, the brunette in image 22 did a "spread" in Playboy and with heals on I swear she's 6" 4".

Edited by Grenadier37
  • 3 weeks later...

Great work there! Was that decal tough to get to conform all the way around that nose? I like your camo too how it seems to have some tonal variations within each color.

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, the nose decals was a bear. It took forever to apply, it didn't want to lay down and I wound up cutting it in various places, removing small section of the decal and painting where necessary.

Aaaaaah Academy decals, the gifts that keep on giving.

I was just looking at an Acedemy MiG-29 I started about 2-years ago, it's painted and decaled but I had an issue with the a decals silvering and Future fogging when I tried to remove the offender. So I put the kit aside in disgust (the paint was as perfect as I can make it). I pulled it out the other night to asses the damage and took a good look at the decals and thought, "what was I thinking? Those decals are CRAP! I should have never put them on".

WTH, what ever doesn't cause us to hurl model airplanes into the ground at maximum velocity with spiteful malice, makes us "stronger".

Aaaaaah Academy decals, the gifts that keep on giving.

WTH, what ever doesn't cause us to hurl model airplanes into the ground at maximum velocity with spiteful malice, makes us "stronger".

:ditto: Yeah, I learned my lesson with them on the Scorpion. I do have a 1/72 Academy Helldiver, but I believe it has special cartograph decals that are printed in Italy. I thought I heard that those are okay, it's the ones Academy does themselves that you should use to start that kindling in your fireplace with :ripped:.