Hawker Demon, Malta Camouflage

This was finished a while ago, Gentlemen, but I finally have pictures. I have been laid up for the last couple of weeks with a very bad and persistent cold, that has put paid to the chances of finishing the Curtiss and the second Gladiator before the deadline. More pictures will be in the 'finished' thread.

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

Best wishes for the New Year, Gentlemen!

If I ignore the unpainted front end & use my imagination a bit, that is looking really smart & I can tell the finished item is going to be a good looker & distinctively different. Wondering though if that B type roundel isn't a bit bright? Will it be getting matt coated afterwards, might tone it down a bit?

Steve.

If I ignore the unpainted front end & use my imagination a bit, that is looking really smart & I can tell the finished item is going to be a good looker & distinctively different. Wondering though if that B type roundel isn't a bit bright? Will it be getting matt coated afterwards, might tone it down a bit?

Steve.

The front is painted, Sir: references indicate a medium grey enamel paint was employed. The roundel colors would be the usual 'bright' tones in gloss paint of the pre-war period. Indeed, all the pants emplotyed here seem to have dried shiny.

The front is painted, Sir: references indicate a medium grey enamel paint was employed. The roundel colors would be the usual 'bright' tones in gloss paint of the pre-war period. Indeed, all the pants emplotyed here seem to have dried shiny.

Ooops, sorry 'bout that. :( To my eye your last couple of pics with the propellor in place looked a bit unfinished as in all one grey like it was still in primer. Looking back to the earlier pics without the prop in place I can see the grey colour more clearly. Does the propellor get wooden or painted blades? or is it in its finished colour as well. Not being critical but it looks to me as though it needs some more contrast but maybe that is just the scheme as it is, it which case it certainly is different & distinctive. :thumbsup:

Steve.