Ratel 20 IFV South African Defence Force

This is my 1/35 resin “Red Carpet Models†Ratel 20 IFV of the South African Defence Force while being used by Natal Mounted Rifles in 1988.

Although tank crew, I spent a month as crew on this particular Ratel.

It is not fully complete, I still need to complete the registration numbers, add callsign’s (T10) and the vehicles name (Diesel & Dust), also a few details need adding on, more antenna, indicator light guards and some weathering/ paint touch ups..

All the hand holds, railings and the rear turret gun mountings were made using various thickness wire supplied with the kit.

The turret has not been fixed in place yet and I have I noticed after I took the photos that the turret was out of alignment (see darker brown unweathered section around top of hull near turret ring).

It was a great kit to build, unfortunately this company has closed down and this particular kit is unavailable.

There is however a 1/35 Ratel available by Baxmod (http://www.baxmod.co.za)

Ratel20.jpg

Ratel201.jpg

Ratel202.jpg

Ratel203.jpg

Ratel204.jpg

Ratel205.jpg

Ratel206.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok ...I am calling the Ratel 20 "done"!!

Could still have a few things touched up/added but I have decided to leave it as is!

More pics in "Display case" :

107_8607.jpg

Edited by gregair
  • 2 weeks later...