F/T Needing GE90-94B ENgines...

Hi Fellas

After more research, I've discovered that the 1/144 Minicraft 777 I'm building has PW engines. I need GE ones. Particularly, the ones in Minicraft's Continental kit (or any engines thar are, particularly, GE90-94B. I'm willing to trade, or Buy.

Thanks!

Take Care

I was just about to suggest http://www.contrailsmodels.com/ as they have a good range of resin engines but their GE-90s are 115s. Think your best bet is to try and get hold of the 94s out of the other Minicraft kit.

What is the difference any between a 94 and a 115?

Edited by Andrew Maverick Taylor

Just FYI, the PSA "Flights of Fancy" 777 also has the GE engines.

The -115B fan is bigger than the -94B (128" vs. 123") which means the cowling is bigger (also longer) and the pylon is different. The -115B fan also has the swept blades.

The -94B is a 9 Compressor Stage, while the -115 is a 10 stage one, hence the size difference. If anyone happens to know a -94 engine donor I'd be happy to take it! Thanks

Take Care

I have either the pratts or GE's left over in my Minicraft kit. Although I can't identify them. If you can let me know what they look like and if I have it, you can have em.

Tony

If it is the PSA or Continental Boxings, I'll take them!!! Thanks

Take Care

Hi Mario,

Problem is, they are combined from a few kits so I am not sure what boxing it came from. I didn't need any of the kit engines as I will be using a resin replacement. I'll post a picture later of what I have and then everyone can ID then!

Kay, after some Research, I've found some basic external differences between engines. Considering the GE90-115 is NOT in any kit, this leaves us with one out of 3 options.

• Pratt's PW9094 has the Smallest intake diameter, and the cowling shrinks towards the front. The N1 Spinner Cone is completely rounded.
  • RR's Trents are medium, and the Intake is either canted forward in the upper part or flattened at the bottom. The N1 Fan is the deepest into the cowling, and the Spinner is straight Conical profile.
  • GE's GE90-94B should be the largest intake available. The N1 is the Shallowest, and the Spinner is Conical but with a slight round profile.

Here's the guilty party... Begging for an organ donor....

269731_2231473107508_1268305567_2744161_2678538_n.jpg

Take Care

*Edited for Typo

Edited by MaRiO FDZ