AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH....!!!

Was working on my model when I accidentally spilled future on my table, some parts...and onto my pants and shirt. Wasn't wearing any undergarments, so the future went through my thin-material pants onto the privates. Went into emergency mode, went for a shower, washed the affected body parts with soap and water. Is there anything else I should do? Is future poisonous or what? This has gotta be the worst spill. Ever.

Lim

Rubbing alcohol work too although i would get that near the affected parts in question

Now you know that for modeling you need Latex gloves, safety glasses and underwear :wasntme:

Edited by Neo

Was working on my model when I accidentally spilled future on my table, some parts...and onto my pants and shirt. Wasn't wearing any undergarments, so the future went through my thin-material pants onto the privates. Went into emergency mode, went for a shower, washed the affected body parts with soap and water. Is there anything else I should do? Is future poisonous or what? This has gotta be the worst spill. Ever.

Lim

Hardly the worst spill ever. Its probably one of the safer products in modelling. Think about it, its a general purposed finish for floors; if it was poisonous then it probably wouldn't be used in households where children can come in contact with it. Its also one of the easier ones to clean up... alcohol should get it out of anything.

As Gundamhead said, try spilling Lacquer thinner or even getting it on your hands. That dull tingling sensation you get is the poison at work.

As long as you got it cleaned up with some hot water before it set up, you should be just fine.

Cleaning it up becomes rather more labour intensive after it has set.

Your clothes might be a loss if you left them to sit for any length of time without soaking them.

Now, had you spilled CA....

Gasoline down the front side and onto the private parts isn't fun at all either. I was sitting in the back seat of an ultralight. My instructor was filling the overhead fuel tank with a handcranked gas pump. He couldn't see the level and overflowed it onto me.

Second was spilling MEK and getting it into my eye. No harm done, but scared the @#$% out of me.

:D, Was refuelling a C-130 late in the afternoon, just on dusk, at Richmond once and was doing the manifold drain when I thought I heard the drain pump cavitate (there was a lot of other noise going on at the time). Anyhow, I thought I heard the drain pump cavitate, pressed the fuel hose cap in and promptly copped quite a few litres of Eau de Kerro all over me from head to toe. Obviously the manifold drain hadn't finished and it was something else on the tarmac that had made a noise like the pump cavitating. I must have looked a right swell walking into 3 RAAF Hospital in my underdaks and sox carrying my clothes and boots in my hands. Fortunately the hospital staff had been forwarned of what had happened and my impending arrival in the tarmac van but they still had a great laugh at my expense. After a beautiful warm 15 minute shower and a good lathering up with lots of soap followed by a proper examination I was relieved of duty for the rest of the night and sent back to my barracks in a hospital gown, much to the amusement of the rest of my mates.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford