Trying out digital camou decal on figures

It is so tedious to work with the decal and the figure. I m having second thoughts on my EOD diorama. Ordered the Talon operator and a talon robot. So i thought i try the digital camou decal on a loose figure while waiting for the arrival of the stuff

X4D.jpg

Xkt.jpg

It looks okay to me too.

Is the guy in a dusty environment?

Anychance of wafting some sandgelb or something similar over it to give the ACU that worn look. I think that the sand/dust would also blend it in a bit.

OTHERWISE...

Nice.. :)

It looks okay to me too.

Is the guy in a dusty environment?

Anychance of wafting some sandgelb or something similar over it to give the ACU that worn look. I think that the sand/dust would also blend it in a bit.

OTHERWISE...

Nice.. :)

Wege,

Can you advice me more on how to use this sand thing? I bought some pastel powder thing sometime ago meant for my Humvee. Since i wasnt familiar on how to use it, i didnt use it at all. then i discovered flory/promodeller wash... and that was the only wash i know..

Wege,

Can you advice me more on how to use this sand thing? I bought some pastel powder thing sometime ago meant for my Humvee. Since i wasnt familiar on how to use it, i didnt use it at all. then i discovered flory/promodeller wash... and that was the only wash i know..

It's easy, just take some dilute sand color paint and lightly spray it over your figures (very lightly and from a distance, you may want to practice a bit). The effect is to add just a touch of dust, it also does a great job of muting some of the brighter colors and unifying the entire camo pattern. I use this trick quite a bit on my armor builds.

^^^^ what he said.

While I am familiar with the theory myself, I don't even have a spraygun at all!

I am still experimenting with washes and the like... mind you, I mostly work in 144 scale rather than the nice stuff... sigh

• 7 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.